Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Infectious Diseases--CHIP
Professional Research Assistant-Outreach Recruiter
Position #611096 - Requisition #10086
The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases (CHIP), has an opening for a full-time Professional Research Assistant to work at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The Children's Hospital Immunodeficiency Program (CHIP) provides comprehensive health care integrated with clinical trial participation to children, adolescents, young adults and pregnant women living with or affected by HIV. CHIP is comprised of a multi-disciplinary team including a clinical care team, psychosocial support team, research team, outreach/prevention team, and administrative support. CHIP is a study site for multi-center clinical trials from the HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN), the International Maternal, Pediatric, Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials (IMPAACT), the Pediatric AIDS Cohort Study (PHACS), as well as other federal and industry-sponsored trials.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado public institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer 119 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is well known for its distinctive and highly productive research programs, its world-class health facilities at the Anschutz Medical Campus and its well-established partnerships in business, industry and government. These campuses currently have over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at our Anschutz Medical Campus, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver. Denver is one of America's most vibrant urban centers and the downtown campus, located just steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District, affords our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Nature of Work
- Clinical research coordination within the CHIP HIV research program. This includes study implementation, data collection and submission in a timely and accurate manner, and maintaining a quality assurance program that keeps CHIP research efforts in excellent standing with national and local monitoring groups.
- Recruitment for research protocols developed by the HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN), International, Maternal, Pediatric, Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials Group (IMPAACT) and other studies as needed.
- Collaborate with PI, research managers, and clinical team to identify and enroll eligible patients to study and implement research studies
- Conduct research visits in accordance with the protocol, including scheduling, preparing assessments, consenting, and administering patient interviews
- Complete research documentation utilizing medical records, lab guidelines, protocol information and other resources for accurate completion and submission of research records
- Manage protocol changes as new information is released from sponsors
- Enter data into research data base
- Collaborate with ancillary clinical services within Children's Hospital Colorado to fulfill protocol requirements
- Track patient participation
- Establish procedures, databases, and filing systems to ensure appropriate recordkeeping
- Assist with Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions as needed
- Work with CHIP team to identify and submit adverse event reports to study team, sponsor, and IRB within designated timeframes
- Problem solve as it relates to research project
- Develop SOPs as needed
- Assumes responsibility for accuracy, timeliness, and thoroughness of protocol management to ensure the highest standards of research
- Accurately ensures billing/invoicing are tracked and reconciled
- Other duties as assigned
- Organize, conduct, and maintain responsibility for QA procedures
- Respond to sponsor queries for research data records in requested time
- Validate quality of data elements/data editing
- Assist in preparation for site monitor visits
- Ensure accurate and complete informed consent process and tracking
- Maintain regulatory files including protocol files, informed consents and other materials as required
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year research experience
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, internet
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact in a compassionate and nonjudgmental manner with a diverse study subject population
- Ability to work independently, within a strong team environment
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, often under time pressures
- Attention to detail a must as well as ability to accurately prioritize workflow
- Bilingual Spanish
- Experience in clinical research coordination
- Familiarity with multi-center trials
- Experience working with databases
- Knowledge of HIV disease and treatment
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Experience with Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Questions should be directed to Carrie Chambers at carrie.chambers @ucdenver.edu
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10086
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21016 - SOM-PEDS ID-GenOps
Posting Date: Jun 29, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carrie Chambers
Posting Contact Email: Carrie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00611096