Accounting Analyst II
Student Finance - 926500
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 (most days)
Student Finance at the University of North Texas System is responsible for the billing and collection of tuition, fees and third-party charges for UNT, UNT Dallas, UNT Health Science Center, and College of Law. We also process refunds and tuition/fee waivers and exemptions.
The Student Finance Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Collections Specialist to join our team. The Collections Specialist provides high level customer service and follow through with students regarding past due balances. May act as a liaison between third party collection agencies and the university. Responsible for maintaining student communication documentation and accurate payment detail records. Resolves most questions, refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide high level of customer service and follow through with students via phone, email, and face to face interactions.
* Provides financial counseling to discuss and resolve debt situation.
* Uses computer system to access data base for obtaining account status or entering data on assigned accounts; verifies accuracy before and after entry.
* Reconcile collection agency payments and reports with student record system.
* Timely processing of collection agency payments.
* Review accounts for accuracy and validate balance/billing to collection agencies and students/parents.
* Identify and understand when a collection issue should be escalated to supervisor.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Performs related work as assigned.
* Previous experience working in collections.
* Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to collection methods and techniques.
* Skill in evaluating information or situation and making judgment based on facts.
* Exceptional internal and external customer service.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Answer incoming phone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
* Ability to multi-task, maintain organization and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to adhere to federal and state collection laws.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Associate's degree and two years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices, legal statutes, and policy and procedure affecting
* Financial record keeping
* Working knowledge of cost and audit accounting
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly
* Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form
* Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Previous experience working in higher education
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting