Post Award Accountant
Working Title: Post Award Accountant
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Office of Sponsored Programs
Posting Date: 07-10-2017
UVAFinance at the University of Virginia is recruiting for a Post Award Accountant in the Office of Sponsored Programs.
This individual will have reporting and invoicing oversight responsibilities for post-award activities and should insure that all deadlines are met and research accounts handled in accordance with State, University and Sponsor guidelines. To include such activities as financial reporting, final invoice reconciliations, Notice of award reviews etc. This position is pivotal to insuring good stewardship over the University's research funding as well as providing high quality customer service to all customers. To be successful the candidate should take ownership and responsibility for accurate and timely results, think critically and communicate effectively.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Two years of experience in applying accounting principles, performing financial analysis, preparing financial statements and reports in an automated environment.
The anticipated hiring range for this position is $35,500-$60,500 and is commensurate upon qualifications.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply to https://jobs.virginia.edu, posting #0620877.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Quality Focus--Continually seeks to improve work proocesses, products and services. Sweats the details. Ensures that work is free from errors and is accomplished safely; takes action to correct problems.
2. Accountable for Results--Takes responsibility for accomplishing goals and achieving quality results. Follows through on commitments; is always there in the clutch.
3. Individual Efficiency--Effectively manages time and resources to ensure that individual work is completed efficiently.
4. Critical Thinking--Practices objective rather than subjective modes of reasoning and action. Maintains perspective when assessing qualitative and quantitative information. Appropriately challenges and questions common beliefs.
5. Interpersonal Versatility--Succeeds in understanding others. Is open and skilled in using one's interpersonal style to meaningfully interact with others, including empathy, humility and patience. Demonstrates tolerance and civility when engaging with employees, colleagues and customers.
6. Communicates Effectively--Clearly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups through a variety of communications modes, including formal presentations. Practices attentive and active listening; synthesizes information from multiple resources and incorporates it into current discussion content.
7. Technical/Professional Knowledge--Is professionally and technically accomplished to perform one's job. Achieves an accomplished level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; consistently staying abreast of current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
8. Teamwork--Develops and uses collaborative relationships to build informal or formal teams and accomplish team goals.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81775