Qualitative Sr. PRA
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
Data Science to Patient Value (D2V) (cuD2V.org) is a multidisciplinary research initiative that focuses on the development, implementation, and dissemination of person-centered, high value health care through innovations in data and health systems science. D2V accomplishes this by creating an environment of collaboration and innovation in which the top minds in Data Science, Health Care Delivery and Health Services Research tackle important problems. D2V places a high priority on translation and dissemination ensuring the 'products', be they analytic methods or care pathways, have maximal impact.
D2V has an opening for a full-time Qualitative Senior Professional Research Assistant (Sr. PRA). This position is responsible for coordinating qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting under the supervision of the D2V Program Manager and under the guidance of a qualitative methodologist. Competitive candidates will be detail-oriented, innately curious, and highly motivated to excel in a dynamic team environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tasks assigned may include, but are not limited to:
- Execute and maintain research and evaluation methodologies according to protocol and/or project management plan.
- Projects may include:
- Pilot research protocols
- Clinical trials
- Quality improvement and evaluation
- Educational activities & events
- Stakeholder outreach & engagement
- Pilot research protocols
- Facilitate communication with Investigators, methodologists, study team to ensure timely and effective achievement of project goals.
- Assist in design and development of study protocols, qualitative analysis plans, instruments/tools, consent forms, and all other documents related to the research and evaluation projects.
- Conducting study subject recruitment; study subjects include patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting, families and/or caregivers of patients, clinicians, or other relevant project stakeholders.
- Data collection, entry, and management; medical record review and reporting.
- Conduct qualitative analysis under direction of methodologist.
- Compiling and disseminating documents (including visual presentations, e.g., posters for conferences) related to the research projects.
- Maintain relationships with study stakeholders and associated non-study personnel.
- Literature searches and manuscript coordination, editing, and submission.
- Coordinating and compiling grant applications.
- Additional tasks required for project coordination and completion.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Experience collecting qualitative data via semi- and unstructured interviews, and focus groups.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working with various stakeholders from patients, caregivers/family members to clinicians/academics/analysts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to problem-solve unexpected and novel technical and logistical challenges associated with complex projects.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively as an integral member of various teams.
- Proficient in the use of Qualitative analysis tools (Atlas.ti), Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Data Science, Public Health, Health Services, Engagement, Epidemiology, or Implementation research fields.
- Previous experience in research/evaluation, qualitative and quantitative data collection, project and data management, and qualitative analysis.
- Manuscript development, writing, and submission experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Incomplete application will not be considered. Please double check that ALL of your materials are uploaded correctly.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10082
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20209 - SOM-MED-GIM
Posting Date: Jun 29, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Celsey Duritsa
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00735350