SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
JOB NO.: 91255-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: L&S/SOCIAL WORK/SOC WORK
Categories: Communications, Editing, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Information Systems/Technology, Office & Administrative Support, Web Design/Development, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91255-AS
Working Title: Systems Support Specialist
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN) or INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN) or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Hiring Department: A488200-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/SOCIAL WORK/SOC WORK
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 14, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $43,470 Maximum $79,749 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
A Bachelor's degree is required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Problem solving, analysis, and quality assurance experience.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong verbal presentation and group facilitation skills.
* Excellent active listening and engagement skills and a track record of providing exemplary customer service.
* Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Ability to adapt to and work with a shifting variety of work priorities and assignments.
* 1-3 years demonstrated experience in successfully managing learning platforms or content management systems.
* Demonstrated experience providing technical support or customer service to diverse groups.
* Understanding of adult learning principles and experience in developing, delivering, and supporting learning.
* Experience in public or private child welfare a plus.
The Wisconsin Child Welfare Professional Development System is seeking a confident problem-solver and independent thinker with strong written and communication skills to lead the support of our Learning Management / Content Management System - PDS Online. Our mission is to promote the best child-welfare practice through education, skill development, strategic partnerships, and effective advocacy. We are subsequently committed to serving Wisconsin's child welfare workforce through exceptional professional development opportunities that are available, accessible and of high quality at reasonable costs. As out System Support Specialist, you will play a key role in helping us achieve that vision through stronger customer-service, exemplary technical support, and reliable system quality assurance. This position provides development of and support for the WCWPDS instructional and content management application PDS Online, which utilizes the Cornerstone learning management platform. Although demonstrated experience in successfully managing learning platforms or content management system is desirable, it is not required. We envision this position - in many ways - as a customer service and teaching/learning role focusing on:
* Becoming proficient in PDS Online/Cornerstone and subsequently emerging as the point for resolving complex problems within the LMS.
* Resolving problems for and improving competency of users of PDS Online/Cornerstone.
We subsequently seek a quick-learner who is willing and able to master our LMS and who has a sense of urgency to provide exemplary customer-service and support of it for our users, including development of training curricula, tools, and programs that will improve user competency for the counties we serve.
For more information about the Wisconsin Child Welfare Professional Development System, visit: http://wcwpds.wisc.edu/
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
An applicant may be hired into the Associate Information Processing Consultant, Information Processing Consultant or Senior Information Processing Consultant title dependent upon experience. Title will be determined upon hire.
For questions on the position, contact: Brent Nelson at email@example.com or 608-262-5712.
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advanced notice.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 29 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 27 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time