STUDENT LIFE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
JOB NO.: 91302-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SCH OF BUSINESS UG ADV
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91302-AS
Working Title: Student Life Program Coordinator
Official Title: STUDENT SERVICES CORD(T25DN) or ASSOC STU SERV COORD(T25FN)
Hiring Department: A122011-SCHOOL OF BUSINESS/SCH OF BUSINESS UG ADV
Anticipated Begin Date: JULY 25, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $40,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's Degree required; Master's Degree in student affairs, higher education, counseling and related fields preferred
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Minimum of 1 years of professional work experience in an educational setting. Knowledge of college student development and program/curriculum development experience is preferred. Facilitation, teaching, and/or curriculum development experience is preferred. Experience working with business students or within a professional school/college a plus.
Well qualified candidates will possess:
- Experience in providing student service support and working with undergraduate students
- Belief in a student-centered philosophy when making decisions, creating programs, and working with students.
- Enthusiasm for trying new initiatives and approaches in order to provide the best support for students
- Adaptability and flexibility to work through unexpected challenges and changes
- Ability to create and enforce policies consistently and fairly for all business students while keeping in mind student learning and development
- Willingness to learn and utilize various technology resources, including Canvas, Campus Groups, Excel, Sitecore, SIS (PeopleSoft)
- Willingness and ability to provide and receive positive and constructive feedback, including with student staff
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities while independently handling multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive student issues and information
- Problem solving skills and initiative
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure accurate and timely record-keeping of students' curricular and co-curricular progress
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work well as a team member
The Student Life Program Coordinator manages the introductory personal and professional development courses for all incoming new undergraduate business students. The courses focus on self-assessment and awareness, academic and career exploration and planning, leadership development, and diversity/inclusion. There are currently three iterations of the one-credit course: General Business 110 (first-year students), General Business 120 (sophomores), and General Business 130 (juniors, transfer students, and non-traditional students). This position will be part of a BBA Student Life team that also coordinates leadership programming, student organizations, and other student involvement and co-curricular learning opportunities. The candidate will also be part of the Wisconsin BBA program team that includes all student services for undergraduate business students. This position reports to the Associate Director of Student Life.
Diversity and inclusion are primary values for the Wisconsin School of Business and are integral to achieving our strategic goals. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums. Our school is committed to continuously increasing the cultural competence of its staff and faculty members through school-wide forums and professional development opportunities.
Instructions to applicants:
Please complete the online application and attach a cover letter addressing your qualifications and experiences specifically relating to the responsibilities of this position and a comprehensive resume. All application materials will be reviewed by our search committee after the posted deadline. Applicants selected to participate further in the selection process will be notified directly. All applicants will be notified once a final selection has been made and the search has been completed.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 29 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 20 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time