Coordinator for Residence Life
Functional Title Coordinator for Residence Life
Position Type Staff
Housing and Residence Life provides safe, inclusive, and secure residential communities where a diverse, innovative and responsive team of professionals encourages students to pursue academic excellence, personal growth, civic leadership and responsibility.
Our diverse residence hall environments promote learning and personal growth through programs that enable students to acknowledge and appreciate diversity through open dialogue, establish a personal sense of interdependence, and prepare them for responsible service as members of the global community.
Housing & Residence Life is seeking candidates for one (1), 12-month, full time, live-in position with leadership, administrative, and advising responsibilities for a residential environment serving approximately 300-600 students. Position to begin August 1, 2017.
The position reports to an Assistant Director for Residence Life. In addition to the salary listed below, a monthly campus living allowance of $400, with furnished apartment with utilities is included.
- Coordinate, plan, evaluate, and oversee the implementation of educational, academic, and cultural programming and other supportive resources that will help students persist to graduation from the University by collaborating with other departments, staff, faculty, and student group;
- Advise Hall Council and encourage the organization and its leaders as they seek to enhance the quality of life in the residence hall;
- Work to prevent crisis situations, respond appropriately to confidential matters, and provide appropriate referrals to other University departments/resources as needed;
- Work closely with the Assistant Directors for Residence Life in developing programming activities for the building with the assistance of the Resident Advisor staff;
- Directly supervise between 4 and 17 Resident Advisors;
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings and one on one meetings;
- Support the efforts of Housing and Residence Life's student leadership organizations including, but not limited to, RHA (Residence Hall Association), NRHH ( National Residence Hall Honorary), and RAA (the Resident Advisor Association);
- Provide academic, career, and personal advising for students living in the residence halls;
- Serve in an on-call duty rotation along with other live-in staff;
- Serve as a judicial hearing officer for contractual and/or conduct related student incidents;
- Serve on one to two functional area committees throughout the academic year including, but not limited to staff selection, staff training, academic development, staff development, social justice, and student leadership;
- Complete one to two summer assignments including, but not limited to, summer housing, summer conferences, orientation, student leadership, and living learning community initiatives;
- Serve as a liaison for communication between residents, staff, and central office;
- Maintain at least 15 regular office hours per week;
- Provide assistance with all recruiting, admissions, and retention efforts;
- Other duties as determined by supervisor.
- Masters degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or related field, and previous experience in residence life.
- Two (2) years residence hall experience and strong administrative skills.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership development, crisis intervention, group dynamics, community development, teaching, presenting, and programming in a residence hall environment,
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Customer Service experience.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
The following documents must be uploaded with your electronic application in order to be considered.
- Letter of application/Cover Letter
- List of References
Recruitment Range $42,000
Org #-Department Housing and Residence Life - 44502
Job Open Date 06/29/2017
For Best Consideration Date 07/13/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience managing residence halls?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu