Pharmacy Senior Technician/UKHC
This position will manage the IV automation system for UK healthcare, including software support and maintenance, inventory control, labeling, and sterile compounding. Assists UK IT in the creation of RIVA interface with electronic health record to expand to patient-specific doses. Performs sterility tests and quarantining processes to assure USP and requirements are met prior to dispensing medications. Utilizes aseptic technique during the set up and operation of the RIVA machine and manual compounding of sterile products to mitigate contamination. Implements manufacturer's recommendations for the cleaning, breakdown, and set up of the RIVA machine. Effective 4/1/09, the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy requires all pharmacy technicians to be registered with the state and pay a $25 fee within 30 days of hire. This registration must be renewed annually.
Pharmacy Senior Technician/UKHC
Pharmacy Senior Technician/UKHC - RIVA
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Kentucky Board of Pharmacy Registration PTCB Registration
May include standing for greater than 5 hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day. May require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
First shift; 7a - 5p; 7 days on/7 days off.
This position requires dependability, and the ability to prioritize. The successful candidate must be reliable and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
High School Diploma plus 2 years' experience, associates or bachelors preferred. Hospital and/or Retail pharmacy technician experience preferred but not required.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold a National Pharmacy Technician Certification from either PTCB or ExCPT?
- * Are you currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician?
- * Please indicate the amount of paid pharmacy technician experience you have working in either an inpatient hospital and/or retail pharmacy setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter