Duties: Report to the Associate Director of the Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center at Wharton, the Manager will be responsible for:
(1) Planning and execution of all Zell/Lurie member events and meetings (and direction of staff), including:
a. The Fall and Spring member meetings, which are attended by over 500 Center members, donors, and alumni.
b. VIP events, which are often smaller in nature.
(2) Coordinate monthly meetings and meet with four student Real Estate clubs (Wharton Undergraduate, MBA, School of Design and Penn Law); support student treks, speaker requests and career planning initiatives.
(3) Collaborate with the Business Administrator to solicit and collect all annual membership gifts. Assist as needed with executing capital gifts solicitation.
(4) Support new global outreach and communication strategy with Director and Associate Directors. Assist Associate Directors as necessary.
(5) Prepare and/or edit all the Center's written materials (web based or hard copy). This includes creating written materials for Center events, including agendas, pamphlets, web based ads, and direct communication and solicitation of potential and current donors. Correspondence with speakers and participants in Center events.
(6) Develop and support communication strategy for Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center. Implement Twitter, web postings, Facebook, and other forms of social media to increase the on-line presence of the Center.
(7) Manage Ballard Luncheon presentations, Student Mentor Program (involving over 150 industry mentors and their mentees). Help with the planning and execution of domestic and global meetings, including London, other European locales, Asia, and the possibility of additional locations. Domestic travel likely. International travel might be expected.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Self starter with good analytical skills.
Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with word processing, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Familiarity with Adobe Suite products preferred.
Highly professional with the ability to work with ease and efficiency with senior-level donors, executives, and Wharton and Penn faculty, staff and students.
Attention to detail and maintaining control over numerous and varied responsibilities, with regard to short and long-term deadlines essential.
Prior experience supervising staff preferred.
Familiarity with development related activities preferred.
Reference Number: 07-26227
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Real Estate Center
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration