Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement, (ASD,4)-AFT
Rowan University’s Office of Alumni Engagement seeks a dynamic individual to serve as Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement. Under the leadership of the Director of Alumni Engagement, the Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement is responsible for developing and managing initiatives that support the goal of fostering and strengthening ties between the institution and more than 87,000 alumni.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in alumni engagement or student life programming and will demonstrate initiative, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Work directly with University Advancement leadership to establish and manage productive relationships with alumni.
- Participate in planning, coordinating and implementing alumni programs and events.
- Recruit, train, support and manage volunteers in a variety of engagement opportunities, such as reunion committees, regional clubs, and shared interest groups.
- Develop and manage initiatives that maintain and strengthen ties to young alumni and students.
- Manage the Office of Alumni Engagement’s online networking platform, Brazen; including the marketing and execution of monthly online networking events, workshops, and mock interviews.
- Partner with colleges and departments throughout campus to develop events and outreach targeted to specific constituent groups.
- Share responsibility for management of the Office of Alumni Engagement’s social media presence, specifically through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn campaigns.
- Serve as manager of the Office of Alumni Engagement’s social media ambassadors (SMA) program.
- Assist with the coordination of other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of professional experience in event planning & programming or volunteer management after college graduation, preferably in an academic or non-profit environment.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends and travel to off-campus locations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel Services, or other related field.
- Experience with iModules or similar email marketing and/or event management software.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.