Nurse Specialist - Simulation - Per Diem
The School of Nursing and Health Studies is looking to hire per diem Simulation Nurse Specialist in Human Patient Simulation for will integrate the use of patient simulation scenarios, virtual reality and computer based learning systems into the education and competency development of junior and senior nursing students. In addition, the Nurse Specialist will assist in the instruction of Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support programs and assist in other academy courses.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop simulated adult medical/surgical curricula that meet required learning objectives for both the didactic and clinical adult programs.
- Develop patient simulation for adult medical/surgical case studies that are evidence based and meet learning objectives set by University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies faculty.
- Develop, implement and evaluate external courses in adult medical/surgical care to meet the needs of the community
- Organize and evaluate all developed adult medical/surgical simulation case studies ensuring they are validated, current and supported by literature.
- Maintain and update an operation manual for all adult simulators, equipment, special programs and course evaluation material
- Provide orientation to faculty members on the use of all simulators, simulation environment, AV equipment & capabilities and documentation as required
- Provide orientation to students and participants on the use of all simulators and the environment as required.
- Supervises the adult skills learning lab to include:
- Working with faculty and administrative support staff to schedule learning laboratory programs
- Ensuring appropriate equipment is available for each scheduled program
- Submit order requests for supplies and equipment as needed
- Maintain the learning lab environment, equipment and supplies to meet the needs of students, faculty and course participants.
- Instructs in the undergraduate programs, coordinating clinical and classroom teaching and evaluating students’ performances as required
- Integrating the use of patient simulation scenarios, virtual reality and computer based learning systems into the education and competency development of junior and senior nursing students.
- 8 hours shift from 7:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. 11:00 p.m. and weekend will be required
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills, including multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with a variety of administrators and with the Faculty.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing
- Licensure, Registered Nurse, State of Florida
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience
- Experience in writing and implementing curricula for adult learners desired
- Certified provider in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)-Professional level
- Certified instructor in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)-Professional level (current or within 6 months of hire)
- Certified provider in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (current or within 6 months of hire)
- Certified instructor in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (current or within 6 months of hire) desired
- Knowledge of quality improvement and evidence based practice in the care of multicultural populations
- Knowledge and experience in patient safety initiatives in the management of clinical populations as required by regulator bodies.
Apply online. Position #R100012005
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us! ]]>