Automotive Technology Adjunct Instructor - Fall 2017
MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
* Automotive Technology Adjunct Instructor - Fall 2017
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 06/28/17
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Monterey Peninsula College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for future part-time teaching assignments in this discipline.
Course: AUTO 100 INTRODUCTION TO AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY
Scheduled:MW - 1:00 pm - 4:05 pm
Description:Three hours lecture; three hours lab This course provides an introduction to the automotive technology program and profession. A survey course, it covers the basic operation and maintenance of the modern automobile. Students get laboratory experience performing service and minor repairs.
Course: AUTO 102 BASIC AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS
Scheduled:MTWTH - 1:00 pm - 4:05 pm
Description:This introductory course in automotive electricity/electronics is designed to provide the student with a solid foundation in electrical principles, including terminology and the operation and troubleshooting of electrical and electronic circuits and components.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Under the general supervision of the Division or Department Chair, the adjunct instructor will provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policy; evaluate progress of students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned. Instructor may be assigned to the Monterey campus and/or Marina Education Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet each scheduled class and teach or conduct learning exercises for the entire period.
• Contact the appropriate division chair or administrator in advance to make arrangements for unavoidable absences.
• Provide each student at the beginning of the course with written information about the course, to include a full description of the grading system and how the student will be evaluated.
• Accurately keep required class records on attendance, withdrawal and grading.
• Submit when due, all necessary reports such as attendance and grade reports, roll books, and class information sheets, and certify as to their accuracy.
• Comply with all institutional policies and procedures.
• Give careful attention to all bulletins, memorandums and emails from administrative offices.
• Check faculty mailbox and MPC email frequently.
• Any bachelor's degree and two years of professional experienceOR
• Any associate degree and six years of professional experienceOR
• CA Community College Teaching Credential in this disciplineOR
• The equivalent.Applicant must submit equivalency form.
• Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
WORK SCHEDULE / SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following items:
• Cover Letter
◦ We require unofficial copies showing all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official copies will be required at the time of hire. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the applicant's expense.Click here for a list of Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services.
• Equivalency Form (optional, based on minimum qualifications)
◦ If you do not meet theminimum qualificationslisted in the job announcement, but you believe you possessminimum qualifications that are equivalent, you will need to complete an equivalency form.Click here for forms.
Please do not upload any items not listed above (such as letters of recommendation), as they will not be forwarded to the hiring committee.
• Teaching assignments are part-time and temporary in nature. Assignments are subject to Governing Board approval, adequate enrollment size, and assignment to a contract instructor.
• Offer and assignment of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credentials, transcripts, fingerprint check, and tuberculosis examination as required.
• Hourly Rate: $45.33-$56.74 (per classroom teaching hour) based on education.
Monterey Peninsula College actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants interested in working in an environment which values flexibility, openness to change, collaboration, respect for others and their points of view, and involvement in College activities, all with the goal of meeting the needs of our diverse student population. The District does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
The District is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from all persons. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status as a Vietnam-era veteran, ancestry, or political or organizational affiliation.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mpc/jobs/1782264-0/automotive-technology-adjunct-instructor-fall-2017