Facilities Operations Manager
Facilities Operations Manager
Posting Number: 0000634
Reports to: Executive Director, Facilities Management
Department: Facilities Management
Full or Part-time: Full Time
Oversees specialized Facilities Management services in the areas of personnel management, scheduling and coordination, preventive maintenance, safety programs, mail and stockroom service, and office operations. On call for emergencies.
1. Establishes work schedules. Supervises, coordinates and reviews the daily work of staff responsible for maintenance of grounds and facilities, cleaning, coordinating event setup/tear-down, and general trade’s functions. Supervises work study students and temporary youth workers.
2. Plans and directs daily, weekly, monthly & yearly tasks with Utility Staff, including accountability for completion. Holds weekly and/or bi-weekly Utility Staff meetings to unify the team and to plan and organize work.
3. Develops and evaluates work procedures related to maintenance duties; trains staff on work procedures; evaluates plans and participates in day-to-day facility operations and maintenance; and enforces safety rules and policies.
4. Develops department training program, in conjunction with Facilities Management Team, and oversees employee training.
5. Participates in the selection of maintenance staff; establishes performance criteria; monitors and assesses employee performance; conducts performance evaluations; and provides training and coaching to improve performance.
6. Supervises employees including assigning work, approving leave requests, and responding to questions related to policies and procedures.
7. Develops plans for maintenance and grounds activities including recommending materials and equipment; meets with vendors and evaluates new products.
8. Manages the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) by prioritizing all daily service work for grounds and utility staff.
9. Determines cost of equipment and supplies needed for maintenance operations and makes recommendations.
10. Prepares specifications for requisitions and other equipment, parts, and materials needed for operations.
11. Recommends, develops and implements plans and programs to improve maintenance and custodial care of College facilities.
12. Assists with fleet maintenance.
13. Coordinates work with outside contractors as required by operations.
14. Manages collection of data for reporting requirements related to pond.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Executive Director of Facilities Management and in conjunction with the Facilities Engineer, plans, coordinates, supervises, and performs specialized facilities management services in the areas of personnel management; scheduling and coordination; safety programs; mail and stockroom services; and office operations.
Associate’s degree or higher required; Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a major in mechanical or facilities engineering or architecture preferred. Minimum of five years’ experience in facilities operations required; demonstrated knowledge of materials, tools and methods used for general building repair and maintenance and related safety practices required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD preferred; demonstrated ability to learn new digital and programmable systems. Strong technical writing, supervisory and interpersonal skills required. Experience with union environments preferred. May work irregular hours, weekends and holidays to accommodate building activities; rotates with other department supervisors for emergency calls or vacation coverage. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Possession of valid driver’s license.
Salary Range: Min. $42,019
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official college transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 06/19/2017
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/2762