Music Department/Morgan Auditorium Manager
University of La Verne
Music Department/Morgan Auditorium Manager
Job Description Summary:
This position serves to provide cohesive management for all Music Department operations, including but not limited to concert events, facilities management, marketing projects, web development & social media, special events in order to provide excellent service to students, staff and faculty, and the community. In this capacity, the position provides management and coordination of performance booking, ensemble rehearsal, and University bookings for Lyceum @ La Verne (concerts, lectures and other events) of Morgan Auditorium, department publicity, community outreach and facilities. This position will also hold supervisory capacity over student workers/volunteers (usually 3-6 per semester). A major facet of the position is to provide support to the music department faculty.
- Directly supervises all Music operations personnel, which include staff and student employees who manage facilities, equipment, concert booking and coordinating, publicity, and concert support.
- Coordinate with the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) Dean’s Office to plan and coordinate scheduling all Lyceum @ La Verne events, performances and tours in Morgan Auditorium; relocation of classes which occur in Morgan Auditorium during a scheduled speaker, concert, or special event.
- Coordinates logistical and support services for major La Verne music events.
- Coordinate marketing, advertising projects, and contact with Independent Contractors for the Music Department with the CAS Dean’s Office, Budget Office, and University Advancement
- Assists Music faculty to manage and direct tour and marketing budget
- Supports Music faculty advancement
- Supports the Music faculty with various paperwork and projects, including hosting visiting groups
- Respond to off-hour calls related to the Music Department (early mornings and late evenings) with regards to event safety and security.
- Report needed repairs/replacement of facilities of Morgan Auditorium, Music Annex and Library, Music Offices, Recording Studio, and regularly used Music classrooms to appropriate staff and offices.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the position
- Performs other duties as assigned by Music Department Chair and music faculty
- Compose, distribute and update concert advertisements, e blasts, publicity, social media and website
-2+ years’ experience managing staff and numerous projects simultaneously
-Event management and/or tour booking experience preferred
Budget management experience
- Demonstrated leadership, management, problem solving, and decision making ability
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, written, and oral presentation
- Self-management, organizational skills/management skills
- Ability to work independently, present self in a professional manner and reflect the Mission Statement of the University of La Verne
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment with accuracy and consistency
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determing when to act independently and when to consult with others prior to taking action
- Seif-starter with a winning attitude
- In agreement with the Mission and Values of University of La Verne in providing an atmosphere of excellence in education for its students
- Occasional ability to reach, grasp, bend, pull, and lift up to 40 pounds
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Proficient with Macintosh computer systems, web design, basic graphic design (Photoshop, Adobe Suite)
Bachelor’s degree required.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
Special Instructions: Interested applicants should apply online at laverne.edu/hr. Upload a cover letter, resume, list of three to five references with contact numbers and email addresses, and college transcripts.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation