Hampden Center Project Technician I - University Libraries
The University of Denver Hampden Center seeks an enthusiastic technician to perform the daily operations of the Hampden Center. The candidate will retrieve materials with great exactitude for the DU community, scan article requests, transport materials to and from campus, process returns, and assign materials locations using the local organizational schema and Alma.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Scan article requests from materials onsite.
- Prioritize scanning requests according to delivery schedule.
- Responsible for the transportation of materials to and from campus between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Tuesday/Thursday, at least one weekend day 12:00pm - 5:00pm.
- Retrieve requested material using ladders and aerial lift.
- Troubleshoot printer, computer, software issues as the arise.
- Shelve books in designated areas.
- Conduct routine stack searches for overdue or missing items.
- Perform a building walkthrough each shift.
- Shift library materials as needed to build and comply with space planning procedures and maintenance.
- Participate in inventory and re-labeling projects.
- Cooperate as a team member with staff to achieve efficient library operation.
- Become capable of opening and closing procedures in the absence of the manager including but not limited to arming and/or disarming the building.
- Possess excellent communication skills and a willingness to engage on a professional level to assure excellent internal customer service.
- Recognizes and incorporates the mission and goals of the department, and the Library as a whole, into all aspects of their work.
- Frequent adjustments to the daily routine based on the priorities of the day.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Prior digitization and/or ILLiad experience or the willingness to learn.
- Possess a valid driver's license and at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to pass the defensive driving course.
- Willingness to operate a University vehicle and an aerial lift (after on-site training).
Tuesday and Thursday, preferably morning availability.
Must work one weekend day from 12:00pm-5:00pm
10-15 hours per week.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, July 6, 2017.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.