The Project Superintendent's (PS) role is to manage day-to-day construction activities and supervise field personnel and subcontractors as required to successfully complete the project on schedule. The PS will be responsible for producing quality work that is consistent with the standards set forth in the project's contract plans and specification. Just as important, the PS is expected to administer good construction safety practices and continuously keep the site clean and orderly. The PS will report directly to the Project Manager.
• Project Superintendent
• Exempt position
• Worksite location at construction jobsite trailer, or main offices, depending on company needs
• Reports to Project Manager & executive team members (VP of Construction, VP of Operations, CEO, etc)
• Works closely with Project Superintendent, jobsite staff, main office staff, vendors, clients, and engineers
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS (including but not limited to)
• Manage day-to-day activities to meet project milestones and ultimately meet or beat project completion date.
• Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
• Create short-interval look-ahead project schedules to ensure upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to
• Manage and look ahead no less than 3 weeks to proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate a solution.
• Report all project delays to the Project Manager and propose solutions with minimum impact to the project schedule
• Maintain daily and weekly logs of construction progress
• Obtain and document all inspections and ensure quality of work prior to each inspection
• Maintain jobsite safety, health and cleanliness
• Verify all work is installed in a good workmanship level
• Daily inspection of construction site to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other applicable regulations.
• Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
• Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to produce constructability issues and plan coordination problems prior to beginning construction of the project.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, subcontractors, and clients
• Ensure project documentation and reports are complete
• Attend all necessary jobsite meetings, whether onsite or offsite
• Manage the punch lists and close out of the project
• Review all submittals and RFI's to ensure timely and accurate responses and execution
• Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts as required
SKILLS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of structural concrete, type V and III wood framed buildings, & MEP building systems.
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Ability to handle pressure
- Strong focus on quality
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Knowledge and experience in Prolog or similar Project Management Software is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Maintain company confidentiality
• Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-family, wood framing, structural concrete, construction projects
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must have the physical ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time on an active jobsite throughout all phases of construction
- Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships, distinguish color and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have a valid driver license and adequate insurance to travel for the company
Project Engineers Needed!
Multi-family contractors and developers are looking for engineers and Assts. for large projects throughout the LA area. Need is immediate and projects can range 60 million +.
The Project Engineer will support the Superintendent and Project Manager on an assigned project.
In this position you will perform routine daily activities and assists in gathering and distributing information to team members. You must possess strong written and verbal communications skills and manage your time effectively.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Analyze and resolve field construction issues.
Prepare, review and distribute RFIs. Maintain RFI Log.
Maintain project files
Develop and maintain schedule with Superintendent input.
Maintain and develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of contracts, subcontracts, plans and specifications (scopes of work) for specific trades assigned.
Prepare meeting minutes for all job meetings.
Complete required tasks daily, e.g., purchase orders, work orders, daily paperwork packet and collect Subcontractor daily job reports.
Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors
Weekly project photos.
Inspect/verify material deliveries.
Manage project closeout and obtain all warranties required for final acceptance.
Maintain punch list with Superintendent input.
Ensure company procedures and standards are maintained.
Review subcontractor bids, project plans and proposals, then work with management to develop project objectives.
Solicit and prepare subcontractor bid packages within budget
Review bid requirements thoroughly
Develop an understanding on how to fit subs to the size and scope of the project.
Identify responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project
Prepare status reports and monitor budgets, contractors and schedules.
Review drawings with Project Manager and Architect and highlight areas of concern
Other duties assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent required.
Knowledge of accounting principles and costs control procedure, including but not limited to estimating construction costs, scheduling and purchasing
Strong background in engineering principles, techniques, and various construction methods and installation procedures
Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
Must excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must know Microsoft Office products, e.g., Word, Excel and Project.
Must be self-motivated & punctual.
Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have exceptional follow-up skills
Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
San Francisco, CA
Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:48:33 PDT