Campus Minister for Spiritual Development/Adjunct, Religious & Theological Studies
Position Overview: Merrimack College, an Augustinian Catholic college, is seeking a Campus Minister for Spiritual Development who will also serve as an adjunct lecturer of Religious and Theological Studies. Working as part of the Campus Ministry Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the evangelization and faith formation of undergraduate and graduate students while specifically organizing, promoting, developing and directing opportunities for students to grow spiritually such as retreats, reflection process, faith sharing, bible study, and discussion groups. Included in these duties are the facilitation and direction of a program to prepare interested students for the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and/or Confirmation. In addition, this candidate will recruit and train students for service as Eucharistic Ministers and Lectors as well as ensure that our liturgical life is vibrant and relevant to the needs of students. Along with these pastoral duties, this candidate will be responsible for teaching two class sections each semester in the Religious and Theological Studies Department, particularly, but not exclusively sections of the RTS course required of all students. The combination of classroom teaching and pastoral ministry offers a unique opportunity to assist young adults in deepening their self-awareness in relationship with God.
This is a full time, twelve month, fiscal year position.
- A Doctoral Degree (or nearly completed) in Theology/Spirituality/Pastoral Ministry with a strong foundation in the spirituality of emerging adults.
- Experience teaching undergraduate theology.
- Experience in Campus Ministry and/or experience organizing and leading retreat programs.
- A good knowledge of Catholic sacramental life.
- Willingness to express a personal and healthy faith commitment through active and public religious practice.
- An outgoing and engaging personality able to connect with young adults at all levels of faith and spiritual development.
- Ability to engage young adults in the process of faith development.
- Willingness and skill for work on a collaborative team.
- Ability to be present for evening and weekend programming on campus.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter, resume and reference contact. Deadline for applications is August 1, 2017.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.