Assistant Director, Employer Relations and Outreach
Assistant Director, Employer Relations and Outreach
Posting Number: S00893
Location: Middlebury Main Campus
Hiring Minimum: $47,476
Typical hours per two week pay period: 38.75
Brief Position Summary:
The Assistant Director, Employer Relations and Outreach will work closely with the CCI career advising and employer development/professional network development teams to implement and manage a comprehensive employer relations and outreach strategy, developing and stewarding intensive, focused, and purposeful relationships with employers. Position will create, coordinate, implement, and manage workflows to positively affect employer retention and manage efforts to increase the quality and number of full-time and internship opportunities provided for Middlebury students. This position serves as a primary point of contact for organizations interested in hiring Middlebury students and is a key relationship-builder with existing and future employers, representing the College in phone, e-mail, and face-to-face contact with employers.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
• Manage the implementation of CCI’s employer relations strategy to identify and source internship and full-time employment opportunities for the wide range of student interests.
• Collaborate with Director of Employer and Professional Network Development and career advising and internship teams to research employment/hiring trends and student interests to develop target lists/new opportunities; meet bi-weekly with individual career advisors to coordinate outreach efforts, assess student engagement with posted opportunities, and evaluate employer outcome productivity.
• Manage a portfolio of 600+ employer relationships; facilitate outreach to prospective and active employers through identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; and conduct regular employer meetings in person or by phone to build portfolio and maintain current relationships. Counsel employers with regard to the most effective means of identifying potential job candidates to meet the employer’s specific needs, including, but not limited to: campus recruitment, job postings, internships, career events, and exposure on campus; advise employers on marketing strategies, hiring timelines, recruitment policies, and expectations for event participation and student involvement.
• In collaboration with all CCI teams, existing and prospective employers with Middlebury students through participation in targeted career events and recruitment activities.
• Provide timely and effective responses (telephone, direct mail, and email) to employer inquiries regarding recruitment and employment brand building at Middlebury College.
Recruitment Systems and Operations
• Work closely with Technology Coordinator and Systems Administrator to ensure an opportunity-processing operation that satisfies user groups’ needs, e.g., employer, student, faculty, career advisors, employer and professional network development, CCI leadership; implement opportunity approval criteria when reviewing new employer registrations and opportunity postings for legitimacy, alumni connections, accuracy, and relevance to student interests; maintain employer-related data integrity, e.g., completeness of required fields, contact information.
• Implement employer access and restrictions consistent with CCI policies and resolve employer access issues.
• Track all employer contacts, services utilized and recruitment activities in applicable systems, e.g. Handshake and/or relationship management system.
• Evaluate opportunity postings and promote internally; systematically collect student performance and job-offer data; provide weekly opportunity report for the advising team.
• Manage student application process for positions posted in Handshake software. Assure the accuracy and integrity of information contained in the database.
• In consultation with CCI leadership, define data extract needs to support on-going regular employer and opportunity reporting needs; connect with employer representatives for data collection and maintain continual follow-up to ensure accurate results; record and report interview and outcome statistics; compile statistical information on a monthly basis for the CCI Leadership and Advising teams.
• Ensure updated and accurate policy and procedure documentation that reflects evolving office needs, e.g., recruiting policies, EEO language, employer registration and entry of opportunities, user access and use of Handshake system, etc.
• Work collaboratively with all CCI staff to support their essential functions and general responsibilities.
• Assist with front office operations and event coordination, including employer visits.
• Maintain operational effectiveness as needs change to address market-driven changes, CCI functional/organizational changes, and College-based needs.
• Produces scheduled and ad hoc reports.
• Hires, trains and supervises student employees as necessary.
• Supports broader CCI initiatives as project leader and project team member.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Strong ability to think analytically, creatively, and strategically in a collaborative environment; must be able to foster productive working relationships with a range of internal and external constituents.
• Success working both independently and collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
• Well-developed interpersonal marketing and communication skills; must be able to represent the College in a professional manner to employers, students, faculty, alumni, parents, and staff.
• Excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills (phone, email, and in person).
• Must be able to respond quickly to changes in schedule and develop/implement creative solutions to enhance customer satisfaction.
• Attentive to detail, well-organized, able to anticipate and prioritize workload, and meet deadlines in a multi-project environment.
• Experience in responding to feedback and continually improving structures and procedures.
• Able to solve problems and make appropriate decisions; to work independently and be deadline driven.
• Research, collect, organize, maintain, and report accurate records/data.
• A strong advocate for diversity and inclusivity.
• Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Word), and database systems proficiency.
• Knowledge of the internship/job search process with a clear understanding of the role career education initiatives play is preferred.
• Knowledge of career management platforms, preferably Handshake, and LinkedIn.
• At least five years experience in human resources, higher education, recruiting, or career services in a team-based environment.
• Extensive experience with strategic operations administration, including establishing, documenting, and maintaining departmental procedures and performance standards; and process improvement diagnostics and implementation.
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening:
Criminal Background Check
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
To apply, visit: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/15486
Middlebury is committed to hiring a diverse staff and faculty as we work to foster innovation in our curriculum and to provide a rich and varied educational experience to our increasingly diverse student body. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.