Assistant to the Chairperson
Under the supervision of the Associate Manager of Admissions, and with latitude for independent judgement performs a variety of tasks in support of a department containing three independent programs (one professional masters and two post professional masters) as well as international study abroad programs within the School of Architecture. Reporting directly to the Chairperson, working closely with the Assistant Chair and the Associate Manager of Admissions, the individual will manage the office, registration, oversee routine departmental activities and provide supervision to staff and graduate and work-study assistants.
- Oversee and assist students with registration, programming and other course scheduling, check requisition, financial aid and scholarship/work/study/graduate assistantships.
- Counsel existing students in their academic programs on all registration based issues inclusive of degree audits etc.
- Oversee and assist faculty with registration, programming, room allocations, facilities management and other course scheduling to all faculty.
- Coordinate preparation of part time faculty payroll and contracts.
- Oversee, manage, coordinate and assist the Associate Manager of Admissions with overall office operations (i.e., supervise work/study students; graduate assistants, schedule, budgets, research related activities, maintain confidential student files, etc.).
- Provide general office support (i.e., answer telephones, transcribe and type reports, initiate and generate correspondence, maintains Chairpersons' calendars, etc.).
- Oversee, plan and assist with the promotion and execution of lectures, symposiums and other special events.
- Oversee, plan and assist with frequent social media and website-based modifications, updates and revisions.
- Compile information for research, reports and special proposals; maintain a database of faculty and students.
- Oversee and prepare semester degree audits, student evaluations and all related tasks for graduation.
- Assist the Associate Manager of Admissions to organize and maintain updated records of student applications, attendance to recruiting events, deposits and enrollment statistics, student portfolios, interviews with the Chairpersons and notifications of acceptance and rejections.
- Assist the Associate Manager of Admissions to maintain and oversee enrollment records, independent studies, thesis proposals and preparation of documentation for continuing and international students.
- Assist the Associate Manager of Admissions to counsel prospective applicants for proper submission of work and information on departments' programs.
- Assist the Associate Manager of Admissions to serve as liaison with undergraduate Architecture and other Institute departments in matters of curriculum affairs.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Experience: Three years' administrative experience, preferably in a higher education environment.
Knowledge and Skills: Above average knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; WordPerfect and MS EXCEL; among other related software. Above average knowledge of managerial and internet/social media-based tools such as google calendar, google docs, instagram, facebook and other related software. Average knowledge of graphic and layout software within the Adobe sutie, such as Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity addressing issues of concern facing students from diverse backgrounds in higher education, as well as demonstrated level of cultural competence.
Other Skills: Must have demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle several complex tasks simultaneously, as well as have excellent orall, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE