Director of Admissions
The Director of Admissions is responsible for coordinating, developing, implementing, evaluating, and revising the University’s efforts to recruit, matriculate, and retain traditional and transfer students. Student success, as measured by enrollment and graduation rates, will be a primary focus for this position. This position will support all initiatives to increase inquiry numbers and convert qualified prospects to enrolled students. Represent the University at special events, functions, or with partner organizations.
- Under general supervision, provides leadership in advancing optimal strategic recruitment and admissions initiatives to meet or exceed the University’s traditional and transfer goals.
- Collaborate with the President, VP of Finance and Administration, Vice President of Enrollment Management Director of Corporate and Institutional Recruitment and Director of CACE to set new student enrollment goals for all full-time, part-time and graduate students.
- Assist in the development and lead implementation of overall strategy to meet or exceed all university enrollment goals.
- Develop and direct annual recruitment plans for all full-time student recruitment.
- Guide the recruitment efforts to meet or exceed all enrollment goals for new full-time students.
- Collaborate with the Enrollment Marketing Department and related areas to develop marketing strategies for the broad variety of programs, sites, and new recruitment initiatives the university undertakes.
- Work in collaboration with the Vice President of Enrollment Management to strategically plan to optimize enrollment, student quality and net revenue, including scholarship policies.
- Oversee the process of awarding all academic and McAuley scholarship awards.
- Supervise, direct and assess the efforts of the admissions team, including all Assistant Directors who manage freshman and transfer recruitment, as well as recruiters and support personnel.
- Assist the Vice President of Enrollment Management in monitoring the admissions budget.
- Manage the review and assessment of all applicants, part time, full time and graduate, to the university and make admissions decisions that reflect both the university’s academic standards and the management of enrollment, with an eye on program capacity and growth.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is preferred. Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in admission or related a related field. Experience cultivating and maintaining productive long-term relationships. Comprehensive knowledge of financial aid processes, assessment of transfer credits, and recruitment of non-traditional students strongly preferred. Demonstrated success in developing recruitment strategies that include messaging and marketing, retention strategies and leading a diverse enrollment management group are essential. Demonstrated history of responsibility for and success at meeting targets and improving applicant numbers and quality in a recruitment process. Experience working with traditional and nontraditional students in a college/university environment. Current, valid Pennsylvania driver’s license. Thorough understanding of academic programs offered.
Misericordia University is committed to student, faculty and staff diversity and values the educational benefit this brings to campus. Candidates should indicate any experience and/or leadership that contribute to this goal.