Specialized Testing Assistant (P/T Temp), CPTN20335TEST
Provide support for the Specialized Testing Office Supervisor and Coordinator of Specialized Testing Services. Serve as proctor for high stakes and group test administration and assist students, faculty and community members with a variety of testing and instructional support services. Work with on and off-campus testing staff and other College departments to maintain consistency of procedures.
Position Title: Specialized Testing Assistant (P/T Temp), CPTN20335TEST
Duties of Position:
- Administer numerous types of tests and maintain knowledge of academic and high-stakes testing procedures and complex delivery methods. Provide immediate tech support for examinees as needed.
- Maintain proctor eligibility status for high-stakes testing companies and governmental agencies by passing proctor certification tests. Recertify every six to twelve months to meet testing companies' requirements.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve electronic program delivery issues and assist in overseeing all testing computer software updates. Collaborate with COD IT Department and specialized testing companies regarding ongoing technical maintenance issues and evolving needs.
- Comprehend operation of surveillance equipment and monitoring software. Manage weekly updates for system and assist in training staff to utilize equipment to verify and document incidents of inappropriate student behavior.
- Work with supervisor to receive, process and track all incoming/outgoing proctored exams offered to other educational institutions and certification agencies. Set-up remote placement testing for distance students.
- Implement proper candidate identification procedures via positive photo, biometric and signature identification and other criteria. Understand and follow FERPA policy guidelines to ensure confidentiality.
- Compile and sort data for statistical reports and assist with special projects as directed by Supervisor or Coordinator.
- Provide ongoing support for group tests administered by the Testing Center.
- Participate in College-wide or community activities representing the Testing Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in customer service and/or educational setting. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products. Excellent writing and oral communication skills. Proficient use of the English language.
EDUCATION: Two years college or equivalent experience in an educational setting.
EXPERIENCE: Prior work experience in the field of educational or academic testing. Advanced computer skills. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, printer, calculator, credit card machine, Scantron machine, fax machine, copy machine and College-wide software systems.
Day, evening and weekend hours. Ability to unpack, lift move and store boxes of instructional materials and supplies up to 25 pounds. Ability to access testing materials on file or via electronic delivery. Ability to visually verify, identify those taking tests. Requires occasional travel to regional sites.
Department: Testing Center - TEST
Position Type: Temporary - TP
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt