Box Office Assistant (P/T), CP1N11013PARTS
Be informed about and sell tickets for 300+ Arts Center events during regular and performance hours. Understand and operate computerized ticketing system for processing of cash and credit sales. Represent the Arts Center to the public in a friendly and professional manner.
Position Title: Box Office Assistant (P/T), CP1N11013PARTS
Duties of Position:
- Process single, group, and subscription ticket orders received by phone, fax, mail, in person and on-line, utilizing knowledge of the ProVenue Ticketing System for MAC events, rentals, Hospitality Administration meals and Chicago Council on Global Affairs lectures for sale to the COD community, students, faculty and staff. Initiate credit card authorizations and ensure proper mailing of customer orders.
- Organize publicity information for access by Box Office personnel. Keep informed of all MAC events, discounts and special marketing offers. Maintain appropriate work station areas, including equipment, supplies and forms necessary for ticket sales.
- Assist Box Office Supervisor in preparation and delivery of daily deposits; ensure sufficient cash supplies for ticket, concession and bar sales.
- Interact with production staff and house managers to facilitate timely start of performances and to communicate patron needs. Prior to performances, distribute will-call tickets and sell to walk-up patrons in an efficient manner to ensure timely seating of theatre patrons.
- Balance daily receipts and assist Box Office Supervisor with daily posting; verify monthly transaction reports.
- Resolve customer service issues and ticketing software problems.
- Prepare attendance and sales reports for use by the Arts Center Marketing Department.
- Assist in training new employees in Box Office procedures and ticketing software; manage student employees as needed.
- Handle special arrangements such as complimentary tickets and mobility impaired section tickets. Distribute and maintain hearing impaired devices.
- Assist in classroom sales outside of Box Office; prepare discount coupons for select performances.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
1 year experience in office or sales environment; proficiency in written and spoken English; computer knowledge, ability to handle cash and work independently.
High School, some post-secondary accounting or business classes.
Ticket office experience.
Associate Degree and knowledge of performing arts.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computerized ticketing system, word processing, calculator, copier, fax machine, ticket printer, and heavy telephone usage.
Considerable public contact, 20 hours per week flexible daytime, weekend and evening hours to fit performance schedule.
Department: Performing Arts - PARTS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt