Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for a Registrar. The University Registrar is responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Registrar and for the application of academic and administrative policies in support of student enrollment.
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records of current and former students in accordance with AACRAO standards, FERPA regulations, and University policies and procedures.
- Facilitates effective student registration and enrollment.
- Builds secure student data files and sets policy and procedure for their responsible use.
- Serves as the University’s Chief Transfer Officer.
- Supervises the processes associated with graduation and certification of degrees, enrollment and degree verification, and production of official transcripts and diplomas.
- Interprets and enforces University, Board of Regents, and federal regulations regarding academic records; ensures FERPA compliance and provides FERPA training.
- Manages the production of reports to the University System of Georgia.
- Conducts sophisticated data analysis and provides institutional reports.
- Develops and implements, Office of the Registrar communication plans to keep the University community informed of key processes, deadlines, and policies emanating from the Office of the Registrar.
- Participates in the coordination of the curricular approval process: manages updates and changes approved by the Academic Affairs Board, overseeing their entry into the published catalog, Banner student information system, and MyDegree audit software.
- Maintains schedules of institutional classes; sets up and maintains registration controls in the student information system.
- Maintains exam schedules.
- Manages end-of term processes, including student academic standing; academic dismissal, and eligibility for the Dean’s and President’s lists.
- Manages room scheduling for the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Administers the eCore collaborative registration and enrollment program.
- Evaluates military credit using Academic Councilon Education guides and other resources.
- Administers the Learning Support program course attempts, dismissals, and exit determination; posts successful program completion.
- Evaluates tuition classification applications for in-state tuition; makes in-state tuition eligibility determinations.
- Serves as the college’s Veterans Certification Officer.
- Manages the Office of the Registrar budget.
- Serves as the Chair of the University Calendar Committee, as an Ex-Officio member of the Academic Affairs Board, as a member of the Banner Users Group, as a member of the Petitions Review Committee, as a member and team leader of the Graduation Committee, and as a member of other institutional and University System of Georgia committees as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree from an accredited institution and five or more years of progressively responsible experience within a collegiate registrar’s office (Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered). Significant experience in the use and functionality a student information system. Excellent analytical skills with experience in using various statistical, graphic, and relational database reporting software. Ability to work collaboratively across institutional units and with personnel across all levels of the University. Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills; cultural competency to work with diverse populations. Strong customer service experience and orientation. Demonstrated ability to lead change.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: One or more years’ experience serving as a Registrar, Interim Registrar, Associate Registrar, or Assistant Registrar. Significant experience with Banner, MyDegree, and Crystal Reports. Participation in professional organizations appropriate to the field (such as AACRAO, SACRAO, or GACRO). Experience working at a multi-campus University. Two or more years’ direct supervisory experience of unit staff.
SALARY: Pay Grade 25
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will be posted until filled.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Registrar”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
Apply for Registrar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly