Family Nurse Practitioner Program Coordinator
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director for Graduate Nursing Programs and the Division Director, provide coordination for the family nurse practitioner program, including curriculum development & evaluation, course scheduling, monitoring adherence to policies and accreditation standards
- Work effectively with faculty, students, administrators, alumni, other members of College community and external constituents
- Teach at least 2 courses per term or as needed by program.
- Assist in recruitment, retention and mentoring of adjunct faculty and clinical preceptors teaching in program
- Assist with recruitment, retention, and advisement of students.
- Attend scheduled general faculty, school faculty, and departmental faculty meetings; attend Town meetings and other College events (e.g. commencement, awards ceremonies); attend external events that promote the College in a positive manner
- Maintain clinical expertise and certification requirements as a family nurse practitioner by engaging in clinical practice and participating in professional development opportunities.
- Establish, maintain, conduct visits to clinical placement sites to assess student performance and appropriateness of clinical site.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Director, Director and/or Dean.
- Attend regional and/or national conferences focused on advanced practice nursing to keep abreast trends and issues in APRN education and program accreditation.
- Required Degree(s): Master of Science in Nursing with licensure as an advanced practice nurse (APRN) with a clinical specialty as a family nurse practitioner
- Preferred Degree(s): Doctorate in Nursing or related field
- Required Field of Expertise: Licensure as an advanced practice nurse with specialization as a family nurse practitioner (FNP) *Required Training/Cert: Licensure as an advanced practice nurse and certification as a family nurse practitioner (FNP)
- Preferred Training/Cert: Teaching and administrative experience at the program and/or department level
- Required Licensure(s): Currently licensed as an APRN or be eligible for licensure in Massachusetts
- Strong commitment to high quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in an interprofessional setting
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the use of instructional technology to teach traditional, hybrid or online courses as needed and serve as a resource for faculty using these tools.
- Enthusiastic, committed teacher-scholar with demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarship
This is a 12 month full-time, exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional night and/or weekend events required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.