PR & Communications Intern (Fall)
TCS Education System
TCS Education System is currently seeking a PR & Communications Intern to join the President's Office PR & Communications department.
Reporting to the PR & Communications Manager, this internship is an opportunity to both build your resume, and experience client-side communications management & analytics leveraging the leading communication databases and analytic platforms in the industry.
Leveraging media databases, public news and social dialogue, the selected intern will have a hand in competitive and topical research that directly contributes to TCS Education System content strategy. Numerous opportunities for building a writing portfolio are also available for the right candidate.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Media database searches and listing building using Cision
- Topical and competitive news monitoring using Cision, Radian6 and Google News
- Social listening and engagement opportunity vetting leveraging Radian6 Analytics Dashboard
- Influencer research and Share-of-Voice (SOV) measurement against competitors in the higher education space using multiple in-house communications platforms
- Press release, media pitches, and newswire distribution
- Writing opportunities exist for the right candidate - spanning social posts and media pitches to blog entries and short form newsletter articles
- Currently enrolled in a four-year program
- Availability to work at least 20 hours weekly from September through December 1st
- Demonstrated research and analytic thinking ability (past internship experience or college course work / project equivalent)
- A general sense of what PR is, or a strong desire to learn more about it
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System was founded in 2009 as a nonprofit organization with a mission of preparing innovative, engaged, purposeful agents of change who serve our global community.
TCS Education System features a network of specialized institutions, which are backed by a model of education that prepares socially responsible, culturally competent professionals in applied fields such as psychology, law, health care, and education. TCS Education System partners-The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University-each offer scholarship, training, and service opportunities directed to a specific career path while providing a transformative educational experience.
For more information, visit www.tcsedsystem.edu