RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Duke Human Vaccine Institute - Admin
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II (GMP Team)
This position will perform a variety of duties within the GMP team, supporting both Process Development and GMP facilities, under GMP or GxP conditions. This position is responsible for assisting the Process Development and GMP Operations team for the Duke Human Vaccine Institute (DHVI) to execute operational duties to ensure CGMP-compliant clinical manufacturing facilities that supply and release early phase materials for use in human clinical trials of HIV-1 candidate vaccines.
- Perform daily/weekly cleaning duties to ensure a productive, safe, and compliant laboratory and GMP working environment for process development and GMP team activities.
- Perform ordering responsibilities for the laboratory, including taking inventory, restocking, submitting orders, managing samples, and coordinating with other lab members regarding their specific assay needs.
- Manage inventory levels and on-site delivery of all materials required for process development and GMP production, including consumables, process gases, and facility supplies.
- Perform other laboratory or data management duties, including laboratory maintenance tasks, daily/weekly suite duties, as requested by the Principal Investigator or senior lab staff.
- Setup, operate, repair, clean and maintain laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Follow the operations schedule for materials/facilities/equipment/production logistics.
- Clearly communicate and escalate all potential issues in a timely manner to team / team leadership, and collaborate with team members to resolve issues.
- Apply Good Documentation Practices (GDP) for all records, adhering to SOPs, and performing self-audits to ensure compliance.
- Provide support for process development / GMP campaigns, including execution of unit operations and manufacturing process, as needed/upon request by management.
- Provide start-up assistance, as needed, including commissioning / qualification / protocol ownership and support, upon request by management.
- Create and deploy training/SOP/change control documentation, as needed, for area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and requested by GMP Team leadership.
Education, Skills, & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in biology, engineering, or a related field
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized and approach procedures with critical thinking of the technical aspects with strong communication skills and ability to work in an interactive team environment.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and operate independently
- Must demonstrate the highest degree of ethics and integrity at all times
- Laboratory or GMP experience
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.