The Salesforce Developer will be a member of the UTS Applications team responsible for building multiple enterprise custom Salesforce applications within Academic Affairs Divisions. These Salesforce applications will interface with other University Services and Applications.
This role focuses on providing software development activities on the Salesforce Platform in support of the University and its Higher Education lines of business.
Responsible for the design, development oversight, implementation, (testing, deployment and support) of new products and features as identified.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or similar with 7+ years of experience in Software Development.
- 5+ years of work experience in Designing, Developing and Architecting Enterprise Software on the Salesforce platform.
- Proficiency in APEX and VisualForce.
- Proficiency in declarative force.com functionality such as workflow and process builder.
- Competency in MVC architectures.
- Experience with end to end, full lifecycle, implementation experience.
- Proficiency in web application development frameworks and their use in the development of CRM solutions.
- Ability to interface with end users to gather requirements and provide support.
- Familiarity with various force.com deployment strategies.
- Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a CRM solution.
- SalesForce integration experience using ETL and custom web services.
- Familiarity with Informatica Cloud ETL strongly desired.
- Certified in Salesforce.com highly desired.
- A proven track record of successfully building and supporting enterprise CRM web applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Established leadership skills with a team-player mentality required.
- Independent problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Multitasking expertise, with the ability to work concurrently on several projects with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
- Ability to work hands-on and provide leadership in the implementation of complex testing solutions.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables - ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly.
- A solid understanding of SDLC.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and translate technical concepts to non-technical resources and coworkers.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1521
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo