Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
University of Colorado Denver
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Position #350058 - Requisition #10107
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Business School at the University of Colorado Denver has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Alumni Relations position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Assistant Directors have responsibility for projects, functions or processes within a department. These positions may recommend strategy and provide professional support to Directors and may have the authority to act on the Director's behalf. Assistant Directors typically supervise other staff but do not generally control the allocation of fiscal or human resources.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and Events is an integral and contributing member of the Business School Dean's Office team and works under the supervision of the Chief of Staff. The position is responsible for the strategic planning, coordinating and implementation of internal and external events, including communications and marketing and the design and maintenance of budget and expense goals. The Assistant Director is responsible for ensuring that events, tours and special visits are executed professionally and successfully while working strategically to enhance the Business School's visibility and brand with internal and external communities. The position involves a high level of professionalism, written and verbal communication skills, tact, meeting facilitation and leadership abilities to build consensus with different parties. The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and Events assists with the coordination and execution of outreach efforts to maximize community, student, and alumni engagement. The role of the Assistant Director requires a high level of organization and multi-tasking skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment. The position requires the ability to work after-hours and weekends.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position starts at $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public relations, public administration, marketing, communication, social science, education, or related field.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible management experience, including direct responsibility for planning and/or executing high-visibility community events and managing fiscal/budgetary operations.
A master's degree in business, public relations, public administration, marketing, communication, social science, education, or related field may substitute for an unrelated bachelor's degree.
Conditions of Employment:
Must be willing and able to work events that may occur outside of normal working hours.
- Five or more years'\ experience in fiscal/budgetary operations including budget, budget planning, P&L management, and procurement.
- Master's degree in business, public relations, public administration, marketing, communication, social science, education, or related field.
- Experience in a public university or non-profit organizational setting.
- Experience with university gift compliance process and procedures.
- Experience with University finance and administrative systems.
- Experience with alumni relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent organization, analytic skills and judgment
- Ability to manage multiple high-profile projects and assignments while adhering to deadlines
- Knowledge of project management
- Understanding of university and state government hierarchical protocol
- Proficiency in MS Office applications or similar programs, including such tools as PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, Access, and other productivity programs
- Demonstrated organizational skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Malena Brohm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 11, 2017. Those who do not apply by July 11, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30055 - Business School
Posting Date: Jun 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Malena Brohm
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00350058