University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Position #735400 - Requisition #10106
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Information Technology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Systems Administrator
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
Research and Shared Services (RSS) is customer-centric, service-oriented OIT division that provides professional and shared IT services that support the University's mission to improve the health and well-being of Colorado and the world. RSS's services provide researchers, faculty and the campus a robust offering of cutting edge systems and services, including application and database design and development, service and server hosting, managed services and consulting in technology.
This position will be part of a larger RSS Systems team and will assist with the planning, deployment and administration of various research and business systems that RSS supports. This includes providing support for three University research programs working toward breakthrough discoveries in healthcare: the Health Data Compass data warehouse, the Colorado Center of Personalized Medicine high performance computing cluster, and the OnCore clinical trial management system. This position will also assist in establishment of, and driving compliance with, operational processes to ensure RSS provides world-class services and support to its customers. The selected candidate will have a technical background and a demonstrated strength in customer service and support. They must be a determined, passionate professional capable of working with cross-functional teams to deliver high quality outcomes in a high paced, high demand environment.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $ 60,000 to $75,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience working as a systems administrator and performing the installation, configuration and support of Windows and Linux Servers AND 2 years supporting database driven web applications utilizing IIS, Apache, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or similar software.
- A combination of work related experience in the areas listed above may be substituted for the bachelor's degree. The other minimum requirements listed below can overlap with this experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience with .NET, C#, Apache, JBoss EAP/WildFly, Tomcat, MySQL, and troubleshooting various Web/Database issues.
- Experience managing and maintaining common CMS applications (i.e. Drupal, WordPress, etc.)
- Experience working with common configuration management systems such as Puppet/Chef, etc.
- Experience working directly with customers and stakeholders.
- Experience hardening server/application configurations to meet security and compliance requirements.
- Experience implementing cloud based solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of RHEL or CentOS and experience supporting and troubleshooting the OS in a production environment.
- Knowledge of Windows OS and experience supporting and troubleshooting the OS in a production environment.
- Knowledge of virtual environments and supporting VMware infrastructures in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of common network concepts, protocols and tools.
- Experience with software and hardware firewall management and troubleshooting.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues.
- Knowledge of enterprise technology including, Satellite, Active Directory, DNS, etc.
- Familiar with common client/server authentication methods.
- Ability to support a diverse assortment of technology stacks and application types.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively translate non-technical requests and requirements to a technical solution.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing time and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relations with peers, colleagues, clients, including external agencies and organizations.
- Strong customer service skills and experience working directly with end-users and stakeholders.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Jun 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: ucd-oit.HumanResources@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00735400