HCM/Payroll Support Professional
Employee Services provides the CU community with services from recruitment to retirement. The office provides technical expertise while administering benefits, professional development, payroll, individual tax management, and strategic HR programs. The functional areas of Employee Services include payroll, technologies, benefits, retirement, financial education, learning and development, international tax and human resources.
The position of the HCM/Support Professional will serve as a functional advisor and ambassador for Employee Services while providing service, support and counseling to university faculty, staff, students, retirees and their dependents through payroll programs, policies and procedures and to department users entering transactions into the Human Capital Management (HCM) system. This position serves as part of a Payroll cross-functional team consisting of HCM/Payroll Support, Payroll Coordinators and Payroll Processors. The teams work together, sharing information, with identified campus staff, students, and system users, rotating as determined by team and leadership. The person in this position will contact and answer calls from customers and CU department users via telephone, e-mail, fax, or by responding to and addressing tickets submitted Cherwell, the HCM/Payroll issue tracking system. Professional customer service and proficient written communication is required of this position. HCM/Payroll Support Professionals must work with a sense of urgency responding to all Cherwell tickets and escalations within the designated Service Level Agreements (SLA) established by Employee Services leadership.
HCM/Payroll Support Professionals will assess incoming issues or concerns and determine the best way to resolve them. This person must determine the customer's knowledge base to educate them on appropriate procedures to ensure timely and accurate payroll payments, and may guide users to the appropriate resource materials and training guides. They will escalate issues to other members of their payroll team as appropriate. This person will be responsible for recording contact information and resolutions into Cherwell.
- Take inbound escalation calls from the Customer Service Center for level 2 questions and issues which include but are not limited to the CU policies and procedures, portal access, HCM system, including questions with position data, job data, personal data and time collection. Also answer questions and issues related to pay, overpayments, and off-cycle payments, Time and Attendance, Absence Management, and CU's Applicant Tracking and Recruiting system.
- Respond to level 2 issues sent to the HCM Community email inbox within appropriate timeframe.
- Work with other members of the Payroll cross-functional team regarding escalate issues.
- Provides timely feedback to the organization regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Build sustainable relationships with team and campus staff through trust and open and interactive communication.
- Track all escalations via the Cherwell ticketing system.
- Adhere to established metrics with regards to ticket closure.
This position will also complete other duties as assigned to ensure the professional delivery of HCM and payroll actions in compliance with Employee Services technical guidelines, administrative policies and procedures. Prepare written step-by-step guides on duties to guarantee knowledge transfer opportunities for other members of the Payroll cross-functional team.
Hours: Full time 8am - 5pm Monday thru Friday
This position is exempt from the classified system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this positon a candidate will need the following:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Demonstrated high level of commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other University personnel, and the public.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $36,000
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (education requirement may be substituted by professional experience, including four years; experience in a fast-paced Customer Service environment).
- One year of experience using a Human Capital Management (HCM) system.
- Prior work experience in Higher Education environments;
- Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft HCM system.
- Fundamental payroll knowledge including the ability to explain how social security, Medicare, federal and state taxes are taken on a paycheck.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by July 24, 2017. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 51000 - Employee Services
Posting Date: Jul 20, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Diane Wiederspahn
Posting Contact Email: Diane.Wiederspahn@cu.edu
Position Number: 00716509