SERVICE LEADER SUPERVISOR, LEARN@UW MADISON
JOB NO.: 91221-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Instructional Design, Management/Supervisory
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91221-AS
Working Title: Service Leader Supervisor, Learn@UW Madison
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN)
Hiring Department: A060515-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/AT/MADISONELEARNING
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 14, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $65,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree or MBA in Information Technology Management, Learning Technologies, or related field is preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* 7 years' experience in general IT Services.
* 3 years' experience delivering learning technologies for diverse constituents and that involves managing vendor relationships.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse multi-cultural teams to accomplish a goal.
* Demonstrated success in fostering a customer service organization with transparent and inclusive workflow processes.
* A polished writer and presenter, who shows initiative and organizational ability within a complex organizational environment and has the ability to analysis, summarize, and present service related data to diverse audiences.
* Demonstrated experience developing successful partnerships and collaborative efforts with other service leaders, partners, and vendors.
* Experience in change management (technical and organizational) that demonstrates the ability to evaluate proposed changes for their benefits and risks related to service delivery and team collaboration.
* 5 years higher education experience managing learning technologies.
* 2 years progressively responsible experience supervising a group of professional staff.
* Demonstrated experience adopting and managing cloud service adoption.
* Experience with or taken classes on project management.
The Learn@UW Madison Service Leader Supervisor leads and manages a dynamic team of professionals whom support University of Wisconsin Madison's suite of centrally support learning technologies. (https://learnuw.wisc.edu/) The person in this position is part of the Division of Information Technology (DolT) Academic Technology (AT) department (https://at.doit.wisc.edu/) at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. DoIT team members are part of an exciting and dynamic work environment that builds on organizational principles such as family and personal life/work balance; an inclusive, respectful and supportive work environment; professional development opportunities; alignment with the campus's teaching, learning, and research mission; collaboration; and innovation. DoIT AT consists of 90 dynamic professionals that design and provide teaching, learning, and research application development; integration and infrastructure services; as well as design, develop and evaluate technology-enhanced learning experiences for today's learners.
The Service Leader Supervisor position will have opportunities to leverage strong communication skills; manage a portfolio of learning technologies ( the current list of supported technologies includes Canvas, Moodle, Desire2Learn, Kaltura MediaSpace, Bb Collaborate, AEFIS, TopHat, and Piazza, as well as several learning analytic and STEM quiz tools) provided by cloud vendors as well as campus, consortium and University of Wisconsin System partners; develop common service workflow processes for tool selection and administration, user support, project management, and data collection; manage and provide professional development opportunities for a team of seven professionals; align service activities to strategic campus goals; work closely with other DoIT service professionals and campus partners for service management; and promote a culture of customer service, transparency, collaboration, and innovation. This position will also be part of the DolT management team and have the opportunity to be involved in service and committee work at the departmental, campus, and University of Wisconsin system level.
Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process please click on the 'Apply Now' button. You will be asked to create a profile and upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter must specifically address the required qualifications listed in the Minimum # of Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 28 Jun 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 30 Jul 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time