Pathways/Systems and Data Coordinator
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine
Pathways/Systems and Data Coordinator (Business Services Professional)
Position #722758 - Requisition 10116
The Department of Emergency Medicine has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Pathways/Systems and Data Coordinator (Business Services Professional) position.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
This position will assist the Department of Emergency Medicine with the creation and management of clinical pathways for all locations throughout the system. This position will also provide ad-hoc assistance with UCHA process improvement events along with the UCHA DEM PI (Process Improvement) representative. This position will also provide support and project management for the Department of Emergency Medicine data analytics team. This position will communicate with faculty, staff and hospital representatives. Individual will work in a self-directed manner with excellent prioritization skills. Individual will need to be mission-driven and a strong advocate for the growth and development of clinical opportunities.
- Talk with physicians and nursing stakeholders regarding clinical pathway items to facilitate development of pathways.
- Translate discussions concerning clinical care on paper into a clinical pathway.
- Compile data for and prepare regularly scheduled or special reports.
- Manage projects related to assigned tasks in MS Project.
- Assist with PI project in collection and review of patient surveys, observations and transcription of PI events.
- Provide project support for Directors and Managers as assigned, including research, data analytics and report preparation.
- Manage data analytics related requests, communicate with requestors, track the status of data projects, and assign projects.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $36,267 - $54,400 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting , education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of experience with project management and/or coordination.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- A Master's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting , education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience utilizing project management tools.
- Experience working with Lean Six Sigma.
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various UPI, UCH and University policies, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner to consistently meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to various situations.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong computer skills.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively explain processes and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with proven ability to organize and follow through multiple complex tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with business enterprise application systems for key areas such as human resources, finance, and procurement.
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Ability to represent the University in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Frances Schulz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 7, 2017. Those who do not apply by July 7, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: Jul 14, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Frances Schulz
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00722758