Assistant Coach - Distance & Cross-Country
Assistant Coach - Distance & Cross-Country
Athletics - 220000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some weekends and evenings
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Coach - Distance & Cross-Country to join our team.
Under direct supervision of the Head Coach of the respective athletics team, is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the management and administration of the sports program and team. Specific Event areas are Men's and Women's Distance and Cross Country events.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coaches practice sessions or workouts as assigned; may be assigned to work with a specific group of student athletes on a regular basis.
* Assists in coaching during athletic events.
* May assist in maintaining statistics and coordinating with officials.
* Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations and complies with the same.
* Assists in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above.
* Assists in scouting and recruiting activities; may be responsible for specific geographic area or event specialty.
* Performs specific recruiting duties as assigned.
* Travel is required.
* Assists in the implementation of the academic program including monitoring of individual student-athlete progress to ensure academic eligibility, enforcement of study hall program, and providing referrals to the appropriate University resources.
* Responsibly for the positive academic progress of designed student-athletes.
* Works with student-athletes and monitors their adherence to rules and regulations concerning conduct, appearance, and punctuality.
* Monitors countable athletic related activities calendar.
* Assists in coordination of team travel, scheduling, equipment/gear/apparel ordering, and other administrative functions as assigned.
* May be responsible for coordinating with the athletic business and procurement office on cross country team related purchases.
* Works with Athletics sports medicine and strength and conditioning personnel, and with physicians as needed to implement team wellness and conditioning programs.
* Speaks to service groups and alumni organizations as assigned.
* Must comply with all NCAA and C-USA rules and regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach, Athletics Director, and/or Executive Team Member.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Bachelor's degree required and any combination of three years experience as a coach in the respective sport, ideally at intercollegiate Division I level, or as a Collegiate or Professional athlete in the respective sport.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Intercollegiate Division I Experience.
* Master's Degree.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting