Position Category: Staff - Part-Time (Variable Hour)
School, Community, University Partnership (SCUP) Private Tutors work under the direction of the SCUP Advisor Generalist. SCUP Private Tutors are qualified individuals who assist paying clients in understanding curriculum, completing homework, and improving scores. Tutors do not provide their own curriculum, rather they use the resources that the client provides (syllabus, textbook, coursework) to help the client achieve their academic goals. A SCUP private tutor works one on one with students K-16 providing academic tutoring assistance, tracks progress, reports to SCUP education counselor, and fulfills other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in math, science, business, or English.
- Advanced knowledge in other areas such as languages, social sciences, etc…will be considered.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Work independently with dependability.
- Maintain accurate records for official files.
- Ability to interact with the diversity of students.
- Commitment to follow through with assignments, schedules, and appointments.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of records and information.
Two or more years of experience tutoring or studying the subject.
Fine motor skills, ability to listen and communicate with clients.
You may be eligible for a 3 credit hour or 1 class tuition waiver after 6 consecutive months of employment and a minimum of 475 hours worked. Dependents do not qualify for a waiver.
Pay Range: $9.00-$11.25
Advertisement Number: ST06817
Open Date: 06/27/2017
Review Start Date: 07/04/2017
Close Date: 7/16/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/1709
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.