Registration Technical Specialist
University of La Verne
Registration Technical Specialist
Job Description Summary:
This position manages the technical infrastructure of BANNER as utilized by the Office of the Registrar, as well as other software employed by the department. Act as the user expert within the department and serves as the technical liaison between the Office of the Registrar and Office of Information Technology. Coordinate the exchange of accurate information between the University and a number of Federal and State agencies in compliance with complex, changing regulations. The position is also responsible for implementing new processes affecting BANNER as used by the Office of the Registrar and the student end user, including testing system upgrades and defining new software needs, configuration of BANNER based on various academic policies and process, as well as the troubleshooting of data/report issues. The employee is responsible for the development and/or maintenance of MS Access Reports, BDMS processes, R25/S25 Room Management, Degree Verify, and National Student Clearinghouse reporting functions. Other duties include periodic running of BANNER jobs and processes, academic schedule maintenance, and event room assignment.
1. Using the BANNER system to support various processes in an Academic life cycle. Perform tasks including the configuration/updating of BANNER forms, Degree Works Scribe, and academic programs, as well as periodic execution of scripts and processes.
2. Use BANNER and ACCESS database systems to create, design and generate student specific, academic history and enrollment statistical reports as requested by Registrar, Deans, Chairs, Faculty and Vice Presidents. Create Ad Hoc MS Access reports to provide supporting information for key academic decisions.
3. Analyze SSCRs Reports to determine repayment and loan management status of current/inactive students who received financial aid funding; Coordinate the distribution of error reports to the appropriate staff members, generate instructions or convey changes in procedure and supervise the correction of inaccurate data; Consequences of decisions made during this process include legal risk to institution, federal sanctions, and premature repayment for active students.
4. Manage and execute federally mandated data exchange with Department of Education to complete enrollment verification process (semi-monthly); download data from DOE electronic mailbox; import data from local computers; analyze, audit and update data by interpreting and applying University policy regarding enrollment statuses across a wide variety of diverse student populations; upload revised information into DOE electronic mailbox.
5. Manage electronic institutional grading process, analyze reports to ensure data integrity, complete internal processes in Banner database for all grades on a term-by-term and semester basis; produce reports related to grades, academic history, advanced standing, dean’s list and repeat course rules; calculate semester, term and cumulative grade point averages; schedule and print primary and revised grade mailers; Receive and respond to student requests for replacement grade mailer.
6. Extract data from BANNER database system to generate 1098T tax forms; Interpret the 1098T requirements in order to determine which student populations can be appropriately excluded from the mailing; manage and execute federally mandated data exchange with Internal Revenue Service; Receives and responds to student requests for duplicate forms; Consequences of the decisions made during this process include a failure to properly comply with Federal Tax regulations with harmful effects for both students and the institution.
7. Extract GPA for Cal Grant population from BANNER data base system, format report to Cal Grant specifications; electronically transfer GPA verification data to State of California. This process requires interpretation and execution of complex instructions and yearly training on new Cal Grant regulations and data transmission procedures.
8. Create classroom assignment for classes each term/semester by using scheduling software and manual manipulation. Prcoess faculty and staff requests to schedule events in BANNER and also in the scheduling software.
9. Perform other technical duties as requested, including , but not limited to, backup for transcript generations, commencement support, registration staff support, etc.
2 years experience working in a technology oriented job demonstrating general computer knowledge and skills.
2 years MS Access or SQL experience.
Experience interacting with users/peers of all technical level.
Experience working with Client/Server system in a network environment.
Ellucian BANNER products and/or DegreeWorks
Website Maintenance using WordPress or other products
CollegeNet 25Live scheduling software
Prior experience working in an education environment
Project Management and mentoring experience
Location: La Verne Central Campus
Special Instructions: Require Resume and Cover Letter
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation