University of La Verne
Job Description Summary:
In compliance with FERPA guidelines, assist student populations in all aspects of transcripts and registration: process course schedules, transcript requests, enrollment verifications, act as a VA Certifying Official and other general student assistance and projects as assigned by the Registrar or the Manager of Registration. This position is primarily responsible for serving the public at the Registrar's Office front window, main phone line, and email account. This position also takes the lead responsibility for manual registration processing and online registration troubleshooting.
1. Provide support to students, staff, and faculty in the usage of the MyLaVerne self service webpage, including navigation and log-in procedures; registration; grading; resetting PINs; entering overrides, and giving general instructions on policies, usage, and procedures.
2. Evaluate, explain, and respond to faculty and student inquiries regarding self-service and manual registration; act as primary staff responsible for processing directed and independent study courses, quick admit registrations, and grade option changes; understand and articulate University policies and procedures related to all aspects of registration.
3. In concert with the primary VA Certifying Official, provide enrollment verification details and certify VA benefits eligibility; act as backup VA Certifying Official.
4. Under direction of the Manager of Registration Operations, build and maintain course schedules in Banner.
5. In accordance with FERPA regulations, research, evaluate, and respond to student, employer, and lender requests for enrollment or degree verifications.
6. Act as lead official in the reception, processing, and mailing of official transcript requests made online, in person, or by mail; act as primary point of contact for specific and general transcript inquiries; communicate with students, faculty, and staff if a transcript cannot be provided; troubleshoot transcript orders placed online with National Student Clearinghouse.
7. Under direction of the Registrar, prepare records/transcripts for submission to various courts, and/or attorney in response to subpoenas, ensuring compliance with FERPA.
8. Professionally serve the La Verne community and general public with excellent customer service as the primary staff responsible for managing the front counter, main Registrar phone line, and main Registrar email account; process registration requests; take University ID photos; process transcript requests; answer general questions regarding University policies and procedures; respond to all voice mail and email messages and inquiries within two business days; direct inquiries to other staff as appropriate.
9. Prepare hard copy documents for permanent storage, scanning, destruction, or return to admissions location.
10. Perform clerical tasks including, but not limited to, word processing, photocopying, filing, faxing, mail distribution, scanning, indexing, and general office duties. In accordance with FERPA guidelines, research and update addresses for returned mail; update addresses collected during transcript ordering.
11. Ensure integrity of all data contained in each student’s Banner record, including accuracy of campus and rate assignments, student status, curriculum information, grades, and registration records; as directed by the Registrar or Manager of Registration Operations, verify and update student academic history, including but not limited to: grade changes, appeals, course challenges and certifications, and the entry of hard copy transcripts into Banner.
12. Regularly scan and index student documentation collected throughout the Registrar’s offices; scan and index course review documentation for archival records.
13. Support Degree Completion Coordinator as needed to prepare for twice yearly commencement ceremonies: respond to student, staff, and advisor inquiries regarding commencement events and graduation status; coordinate participant requests for special accommodations; enter degree information and commencement attendance information into Banner; proofread Commencement lists to verify accurate student name, degree, and honors information, and perform various duties as needed at Graduation Fair and Commencement ceremonies. Work as needed with the Commencement Office to provide additional services.
14. Other tasks as assigned by the Registrar and Manager of Registration Operations.
- AA degree
- 1-2 years of office or clerical experience
- 2 years of customer service experience
- 1-2 years of experience working with a relational database
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- 1-2 years in higher education
- 1 year of experience with Banner or another student information system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation