Switchback Grille Dining Room Manager
Job Description: Dining Room Manager
The Dining Room Manager ensures that guests have a pleasant and memorable dining experience. Monitors setup, maintenance, cleanliness and safety of Dining areas. Supervises and trains the Dining Room Staff to Grille standards of excellence. This individual is the Manager on Duty. This individual must be able to complete opening and closing duties/checklists in a timely fashion. This individual must coordinate food service between kitchen and dining staff. The Dining Room Manager enforces Rules and policies. Reports directly to the General Manager.
1. Minimum of 2 years serving or supervisory experience required in fine dining or upscale restaurant. Fine Dining experience is preferred.
2. Professional, articulate, friendly, and punctual.
3. Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional guest service.
4. Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours; bend, push, pull; lift 30 lbs.
5. Proficient in computer skills including POS systems, Word and Excel.
1. Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail; ability to multi-task
2. Must have excellent supervisory skills.
3. Must have good communication and ability to promote sales.
4. Must be skilled in time management.
5. Must have teaching and motivational skills.
1. Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate guests and exceed their expectations.
2. Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of guests.
3. Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
4. Must show enthusiasm for the job and for Switchback.
5. Must be considerate, patient and willing to help out fellow employees.
6. Must have a good self-image and be able to command the respect of the employees.
7. Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
8. Must handle guest complaints according to Switchback policies and procedures.
9. Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach.
1. Inspect dining room, table settings, chairs, floors, proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety. Takes immediate action to correct any issues.
2. Manage the guest reservation system.
3. Receive and greet guests; assist with seating.
4. Check tables throughout service times for guest satisfaction, resolve guest complaints.
5. Enforce all rules, regulations and policies.
6. Supervise the dining room staff and maintain uniform service standards.
7. Conduct daily service meeting with dining room staff . Review daily specials, stations and other applicable announcements.
8. Ensure side work is completed everyday and dining room supplies are stocked.
9. Train new-hires in service standards, menu items, use of Jonas system and up- selling.
10. Train food service and bar staff on a continuous basis.
11. Assist with banquet set up and break down.
12. Coordinates food service between kitchen and service staff.
13. Act as initial contact for disciplinary actions. Assure that actions are consistent and accurate. Provides timely detailed account of any disciplinary issues to the General Manager.
14. Review daily and weekly functions with Chef and Catering Manager.
15. Lead to achieve desired results in high quality service and experience for Guests.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Switchback Grille, located at the entrance to Zion National Park in Springdale Utah, is set amid the splendor of Zion Canyon. We have proudly been serving exceptional cuisine since 1996. We value quality and excellence and strive daily to produce outstanding culinary delights for our valued guests. We focus on USDA prime beef and a changing variety of fresh fish. We not only set the standard for casual fine dining in Zion Canyon, but also are actively engaged catering weddings and other key events that require skill and expertise. In 2006, we opened Jack's Sports Grill to compliment the Switchback Grille by offering our guests a more casual dining option. On the boards are additional restaurant concepts that will provide our employee with new opportunities in the future. The Switchback family of restaurants provide a fabulous working environment in one of the most amazing place on earth.
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 12:14:01 PDT