Rail Performance Management -- WMATA - 006
Location: Jackson Graham Building
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE STANDARD IT STAFF AUGMENTATION JOB
Specific Position Requirements
- Coordinate with IT Rail Operations Computer Support (ROCS) projects, with project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk, management
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor IT ROCS project activities
- Develop technical applications to support users
- Develop, implement, maintain and enforce documented standards and, procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and, documentation of assigned systems
- Provide training for system products and procedures; Perform application upgrades
- Perform, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real-time, databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and, real-time graphics and logic applications
- Troubleshoot problems in SCADA systems
- Maintain Automatic Train Supervisory System, Passenger Information, Display System, Rail Performance Monitoring System, and predictors, ensure project life-cycle is in compliance with WMATA standards and, procedures
- 6 or more years' experience performing the duties identified above.
- Extensive knowledge of system integration, testing and change management required to support ROCS applications modifications for Dulles Extension.
- Experience in .NET programming languages, design, web, technologies, web-based computing environments and testing, methodologies
- Knowledge of the full product life cycle with experience in, requirements analysis, test plan and test case development
- Experience using Visual Studio, .NET, VB.NET, XML/XSL and SQL
- Strong Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 skills with in-depth, knowledge of Microsoft Windows Networking, ADS, Microsoft, Clustering, TCP/IP, HTTP and Microsoft IIS
- Experience in test automation and build management tools (Vault, etc.)
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of business process analysis, benchmarking techniques and ability to apply technology to solve business problems related to ROCS group support for the PIDS System.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately with non-technical individuals on technical matters.
- Excellent communication, organization and relationship management skills
- Ability to track and organize multiple projects and project team activities.
- Ability to use CA/Clarity software to provide management reporting and tracking for all projects resulting from duties identified above.
- Experience communicating and managing requirements and successful delivery of rail support systems for a major extension to an operating mass transit rail system. Required experience includes: managing and coordinating tests and modifications for integrated rail support systems, identifying training requirements and managing training delivery, managing and coordinating inter-organizational, interdepartmental, and inter-disciplinary logistical support across multiple contracts, and supporting startup operations.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, and standard practices in transportation systems as used in transit agencies and public entities in the area of Automatic Train Control, Automatic Train Supervision, integration with passenger information systems and dependent application support systems, Incident Reporting, and Alarm systems applications, and of the software tools involved in development, implementation, customization and maintenance activities associated with these applications.
- Knowledge of the methods, tools and techniques used to evaluate, select, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot, applications and systems software and hardware of all types.
- Experience with real time system interfaces required
- Responsibilities include providing project team guidance, some of which is technical.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:21:39 PDT