Director, Diversity & Inclusion Programs
The Director will be responsible for leading efforts to foster and maintain an increasingly inclusive environment that welcomes, embraces, supports, and celebrates diversity in all forms. The Director will build and enhance existing partnerships with Academic Affairs to deepen seamless learning opportunities for students, faculty, and staff.
1. Ensures superior delivery and assessment of diversity and inclusion services and initiatives.
2. Engages the campus community in diversity and inclusion initiatives and best practices, and develops and implements diversity and multicultural programs and activities.
3. Serves as advisor to student organization(s). The specific organizations may vary year to year, but could include organizations for African-American and Hispanic sororities/fraternities.
4. Serves as a presenter and resource for programs and staff development sessions on intercultural, multicultural, and diversity appreciation/understanding.
5. Works closely with all Student Affairs units, The Learning Center, The Center for Professional
Excellence, First Year Advisors, Office of Admission, advisors to student groups, faculty, and
other campus groups/offices to support student success and increase intercultural understanding
6. Gathers data to assess student needs, progress, and success.
7. Serves on Student Affairs work groups/committees, College committees; represents Elmhurst College to the community and outside groups.
1. Master’s degree in college student personnel, counseling, higher education or related field required.
2. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to intercultural appreciation, student development, and to continued cultivation of a positive campus environment.
3. Experience in intercultural/diversity program development, student group advising.
4. Budget management experience, and public speaking experience desired.