Executive Assistant to the President - 500111
Executive Assistant to the President - 500111 SUMMARY:The Executive Assistant to the President is responsible for managing the operations of the President's Office and provide direct support to the President by assisting in the management of his interactions and relationships with a wide range of campus-based, regional and national constituencies. The Executive Assistant is responsible for the management of the President's Office staff members and oversees the annual operating budget for the Office.
- Provide oversight and management for a diverse range of confidential, high-level activities within the President's Office. Create and maintain effective operating procedures, manage the budget and provide leadership for a high functioning team of professionals.
- Work closely with the President and Board Secretary to develop strategies to support and communicate with close friends of the University.
- Manage, prioritize and address impromptu email, phone calls and visits from a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, staff, parents, donors and community members.
- Support the President's Executive Scheduler in making effective and strategic use of the President's time.
- Ensure that presidential sponsored events are well executed -either through collaboration with the Events and Conferences Office or when managing the event independently.
- Manage and support the President's Senior Writer and Strategic Communications Advisor. Ensure that all Presidential communications are of the highest quality and support the institutional messaging strategy.
- Oversees all correspondence from the President's Office, including prioritizing, routing, review and drafting of correspondence when appropriate.
- Prepare talking points and briefing documents for the President to use at meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned related to the President's Office.
- Ability to plan and organize the work of an accomplished staff
- Ability to be very detail oriented
- Experience planning complex events
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and change plans quickly in response to dynamic situations
- Demonstrated ability to exercise the utmost confidentiality in every aspect
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and anticipate needs of stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of higher education and University policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various internal and external constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with students, alumni, faculty, staff, alumni, friends of the University and officials outside the University
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex internal and external relationships where tact, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy are essential
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple, simultaneous, & complex tasks in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products and other standard University office software
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience supporting senior leadership and managing a team, preferably in higher education
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- Flexibility needed to work after hours as needed
Pay Grade 9 To see more detailed salary information please review the University of Richmond's Compensation Structure. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation's first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique. UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE