Summary of the Position
The Bentley University Division of Student Affairs and CARE Team are seeking a Case Manger to provide intake and support services for a caseload of students experiencing challenges related to mental health, physical health, social/adjustment issues, and family emergencies. Under the supervision of the CARE team chairperson, a successful Case Manager meets directly with students to develop and implement support plans to ensure student success, retention, and graduation.
The Case Manager is an administrator who will ensure that students receive appropriate interventions, referrals, follow-up services and monitoring in order to maximize student success. This position works to provide a safe, welcoming and affirming environment for all students by developing educational and training plans in collaboration with on- and off-campus partners to develop preventative approaches to student well-being, and in providing proactive education to the entire Bentley community.
• Provide case management and related support services for students and their families on a wide variety of adjustment, distress, and trauma issues.
• Provide assistance, make referrals, and follow up to determine the success of and/or the need for additional referrals or interventions.
• Track and monitor students in distress and maintain real time student case records in applicable tracking tools.
• Create and provide summary reports for weekly case management meetings and work with the CARE team to identify and articulate student trends to Student Affairs and other campus partners.
• Coordinate the Medical Leave of Absence process for the institution.
• Develop educational and training plans in collaboration with on- and off-campus partners to assist in creating proactive approaches to student welfare. Trainings may include topics such as mental health issues, adjustment to the university environment, and faculty/staff intervention strategies.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with members of the CARE team, faculty, and University staff including the Centers for Health, Wellness, and Counseling; the Center for International Students and Scholars; the Multicultural Center; University Police; the Residential Center; Disability Services; the Office of Academic Services; and the Graduate School.
• The Case Manager must continually balance the needs of the individual while upholding the policies and processes of the University and considering equity for all students.
• The Case Manager will stay current with applicable federal/state laws and policies, and ensure that Bentley's procedures and practices are compliant.
Minimum Qualifications(Education and Experience Requirements)
Master's degree in Social Work or related field (such as Psychology, Education, Counseling, or a related social/behavioral science field), and 3 to 5 years of experience in a closely related setting.
The Case Manager must have strict attention to detail without close supervision, a working knowledge of mental health concerns, the ability to assess threatening behavior and the skills to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals including law enforcement, community providers, faculty, staff, parents/families and students. Outreach and collaboration will be important components of this position working closely with campus partners.
The ability to make difficult decisions while remaining positive in a fast-paced environment is crucial.
Focus on crisis/mental health concerns and assisting students in crisis or distress to prioritize issues and bring together Bentley and community resources to maximize student success.
The position provides guidance and support to students in resolving educational and personal challenges that may impede their academic progress. The work produced by this position requires strong knowledge of mental health, student advocacy and crisis management.
Must be able to work well in cooperation with others.
Preferred qualifications include a candidate that has successfully served in an on-call crisis response capacity; experience with crisis intervention and case management in the university setting; experience with Symplicity software; and working knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA); Clery Act, Title II; Title IX; the Violence Against Women Act, and other applicable federal/state guidelines and laws that affect the practice of student support and advocacy. Knowledge of ADA.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Work or related field (such as Psychology, Education, Counseling, or a related social/behavioral science field)?
- Do you possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in a closely related setting?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
, The Bentley University Division of Student Affairs and CARE Team are seeking a Case Manger to provide intake and support services for a caseload of students experiencing challenges related to mental health, physical health, social/adjustment issues,