Let's Work Together
This position is based in Albany, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth, consistently profitable organization with world-class talent and the world's most admired brands as customers. nfrastructure is on the CRN Fast Growth 150 List, Inc's Build 100 List of Sustained-Growth Companies and 5005000 list, was recognized as the number 15 job creator in New York State, and is a 2015 Times Union Top Workplace.
The area: On Prem Managed Services
At nfrastructure, we organize and change around our customers. nfrastructure' s On Prem Managed Services team embodies that pursuit. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. In every customer location, you will find challenging projects and the opportunity to improve the way that they do business. nfrastructure will continuously develop our services platform by hiring the most talented IT professionals to support our customers. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible - and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, our On Prem Managed Services team may be the right place for you.
The role: Network/Telecom Engineer
As the Network/Telecom Engineer, you will be part of a team that will focus on system architecture and design, troubleshooting, maintaining and updating telecommunications and networking equipment. You will proactively address issues and provide necessary support and solutions. You will be responsible for organizing the documentation and reports of completed work.
- Primary responsibilities are around telecom and networking, with specific Cisco and Avaya VoIP concentration
- Design, support and maintain data, voice, or video network hardware and systems; investigate and resolve network and hardware matters of significance; research, analyze, isolate and resolve errors; assess and update older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans
- Provide advanced troubleshooting skills and the ability to rapidly identify issues and provide timely restoration
- Keep detailed records and updated logs of work activities Network Engineering Resource
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience in a networking environment
- Experience in design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of an Avaya/Cisco VoIP environment
- Experience with Cisco Security devices (ASA) including Firewall and VPN technology.
- Experience with Juniper Security devices (SSG/SRX) including Firewall and VPN technology.
- Experience with Juniper Operating Systems including ScreenOS and JunOS.
- Solid troubleshooting techniques including testing, diagnosing, analyzing and identifying issues
- Ability to self-motivate and utilize a proactive approach
- Experience with Cisco's routing/switching product line and also Cisco's best practices.
- An advanced understanding of networking standards such as TCP/IP, VLAN, DHCP, MPLS.
- Experience using Visio that will be used for creating physical/logical diagrams.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- CCDA/CCDP certifications
nfrastructure partners with the world's most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for the Internet of Everything (IoE). An insight, execution, and results culture delivers on-time, every-time. nfrastructure offers: world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market, tightly integrated high-availability, low cost remote support and an innovative, proprietary "nterprise" software suite to manage IoE projects. 20+ years of experience, unparalleled technical expertise, and overwhelmingly satisfied customers, partners and employees have made nfrastructure the best integrator with the proven ability to cultivate sustainable business model innovation across the IoE spectrum.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com.
Apply for this job or another online today at http://www.nfrastructure.com/company/careers/.
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.
nfrastructure partners with the world's most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for digital business. Our insight, execution, and results culture, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major market, tightly integrated high-availability remote support and our innovative, proprietary "nterprise" software platform delivers a highly differentiated value proposition for our customers and partners.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today atwww.nfrastructure.com/company/careers
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 05:16:35 PDT