Manager, Ticket Office 496457
Manager, Ticket Office 496457
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 496457
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Coordinates and supervises all aspects of the Athletic Department Ticket Office.
Examples of work performed:
1. Establishes and implements procedures for sale and distribution of athletic event tickets in accordance with established rules and regulations of Lamar University, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and the NCAA.
2. Supervises the daily operation of the Ticket Office, which includes one full-time Ticket Sales coordinator and student assistants. Additionally, hire and train part-time game day ticket sellers and scanners.
3. Maintains accurate ticket operation records, which are subject to audit at any time. Regularly reviews the records to ensure their accuracy and compliance with established recording procedures.
4. Responsible for telephone inquiries and sales of tickets handled by the Ticket Office.
5. Maintains accurate Ticket Office records, which are subject to internal and external audits at any time.
6. Controls and monitors, as directed by the Director of Athletics, the distribution of complimentary tickets in accordance with established policies of the Athletics Department, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and the NCAA.
7. Responsible for preparation of ticket sales reports to be used in individual game settlement reports.
8. Responsible for recording and depositing funds in a timely manner.
Bachelor’s degree required
1-2 years’ experience with computer ticketing and money management required.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
Ability to maintain accurate records concerning overall fiscal operations required.
Strict adherence to established NCAA, Southland Conference, Texas State University System and Lamar University rules and regulations. A violation of these rules and regulations can lead to disciplinary action including termination.
Come to work in a timely and predictable manner.
Able to tolerate constructive criticism.
Able to tolerate stressful situations.
Able to tolerate flexible work hours - weekends and nights.
Reports directly to: Assistant Athletics Director - Business
Master’s degree preferred
Knowledge of NCAA rules preferred
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 06/27/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.