Payroll/Staff Accountant Position
To support the Controller, Assistant Controller, and Senior Accountants in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
This position will serve as a Payroll Accountant, which will perform payroll processing functions including, processing new hires, promotions, and other changes as required to produce accurate payroll results. This position will also perform payroll accounting functions for the company, including schedules to report tax liabilities and 403(b) contributions. Additionally, you will pay tax liabilities to municipalities, and create and send files for 403(b) submission.
- Prepare required journal entries
- Perform processing of a company payroll
- Upload 403b contributions for each payroll
- Maintain employee records in payroll system as required
- Assist auditors by providing documentation and/or information as required
- Assist employees with payroll related inquiries
- Prepare reports regarding compensation and other payroll related information as requested
- Assist Accountants with payroll system and payroll related items
- Assist in handling restricted accounts
- Reconcile due to/from accounts
- Assist in recording accounts receivable payments from faculty and staff
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the Controller.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required. Degree(s) must be from an accredited institution or university.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting is required.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be skilled in use of MS Word
- Must have very good verbal skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three contact references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/42742
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.