Events & Annual Giving Coordinator
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Advancement, the Events & Annual Giving Coordinator will carry out the duties and responsibilities for the university’s annual giving program with a focus on long-term, multi-year objectives for growth in revenue and participation.
Additionally, the Events & Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for managing special events and programs throughout each year. This role will plan and manage logistics including meeting scheduling, catering, speaker travel, registration and attendee tracking, and presentation and materials support. In addition, this position will procure and coordinate vendor services and supervise students and key university staff to provide on-site event support. The Events & Annual Giving Coordinator will research and provide recommendations for potential event locations evaluate alternatives. This role will also work with the Marketing department on creation of various marketing materials, including programs, invitations, videos, flyers, etc. to promote events.
- Develops and implements a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone/mail, personal visitation and volunteer engagement, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support.
- Oversee all annual giving including faculty/staff, and other annual and year-end campaigns as assigned
- Develop campaigns that are timely, coordinated, goal focused and documented and coordinated with development officers.
- Work effectively with development officers and other university representatives to gain strong participation in annual giving.
- Works with the Marketing team to develop direct mail/digital communication and marketing strategies related to annual giving campaigns.
- Design, plan, implement, and coordinate customized outreach to build relationships with current and prospective donors
- Evaluate and select vendors and providers of services considering stakeholder requests and requirements.
- Contribute in a wide variety of functional areas including decisions around budget allocation, event logistics and facilities.
- Work with Development Officers to create sponsorship solicitation goals and attainment efforts with appropriate Advancement team members
- Inspect event facilities to ensure they conform to the event needs.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for smaller scale events, and work with steering committees to plan, implement, and manage all aspects of program elements of larger scale events.
- Recruit and supervise event volunteers to include Presidential Ambassadors, University staff, and other volunteers.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to manage and track event data, manage accounting operations relating to registration, including daily accounting procedures and reports, final monetary summaries, and/or account transfers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated success in planning events.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Computer proficiency in the following areas: Windows, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office. This includes Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and other online documents.
- Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of contributing groups and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of fundraising.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, manage several projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and achieve fundraising goals.
- Experience in leading staff and/or vendors in an event setting.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours as dictated by events schedule.
- Preference given to candidates possessing an understanding and working knowledge of Salesforce CRM system.
- Prior work in either annual giving or special event fundraising.
- Preference given to candidates with experience in higher education.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. This position is salary exempt and may require occasional weekends and evenings as dictated by events.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $48,000 - $51,000, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.