Donor Relations Associate
The Donor Relations Associate is primarily responsible for consolidating efforts to provide personalized stewardship and recognition for the University’s donors. The Associate works closely with the Associate VP of Advancement to design, implement, and manage comprehensive, strategic programs and processes that will foster and sustain long-term, meaningful relations between the University and its donors. These programs will acknowledge, recognize and communicate the impact made by donors at all levels of giving. This individual will play a significant role in the success of our team and program; and as such, will serve as a highly valued member.
- Reports to the Associate VP of Advancement and helps provide leadership and implementation of donor relations strategies within FLORIDA POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY Advancement and the FLORIDA POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY community with regard to the areas of stewardship and recognition.
- The position partners with the development staff to determine the best strategies for effective stewardship of donors related to gifts or pledges, and appropriate vehicles for recognition of those gifts, including related events.
- Maintains ongoing and active networking with internal and external constituencies.
- Directs the production, and distribution of annual endowment and other impact reports to donors both individually and on a university-wide basis.
- Assist with preparing, maintaining and distributing donor stewardship guidelines, policies and procedures and actively maintaining and documenting donor relations metrics program for ROI tracking.
- Collaborates with development staff to compile appropriate invitation lists, engage featured program participants, support program team and provide program materials, prepare program scripts as needed for donor recognition events.
- Makes personal stewardship calls and contacts when directed.
- Collaborates with staff to make sure all important donor relations data is entered into the database and available as necessary.
- Serves as a contributing writer to the Foundation’s annual report, newsletter and endowment report.
- Drafts letters and stewardship reports as needed.
- Generates creative solutions for recognizing donors in order to advance the university’s efforts to maintain and strengthen high-quality individual relationships with donors.
- Coordinates recognition events and coordinate various activities.
- Monitors implementation, strategy and consistency of the university’s naming policy including a comprehensive named spaces inventory and consistent signage policy.
- Recommends and advises on the recognition of donors in both print and web-based publications and contributes donor and gift information as requested for the Foundation Annual Report.
- Works collaboratively with the Advancement team to ensure that carefully orchestrated cultivation and recognition events meet goals and timeliness with an eye to innovation and strategy.
- Handles all donor recognition gifts and special events and cards for birthdays and anniversaries.
- Critical features of this job are described above. Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All positions assist in recruiting, training and retaining foundation employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work successfully in a high volume, deadline-oriented environment and work
- Independently and manage multiple projects and work assignments that requires assistance from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Strong verbal, research, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to generate creative solutions for stewarding donors in order to advance the University’s efforts to maintain and strengthen high quality individual and corporate relationships with donors.
- Professional experience in higher education, donor relations, fundraising or an academic or comparable non-profit organization.
- Ability to work irregular hours as dictated by events schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of fundraising.
- Experience with database management and familiar with SalesForce CRM software a plus.
- Prior work in higher education development.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. This position is salary exempt and may require occasional weekends and evenings as dictated by events.
HIRING SALARY: $47,476 annually
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.