Chief Business Officer and Vice President for Fiscal Affairs
Atlanta Metropolitan State College, a four-year degree-granting institution of the University System of Georgia, is accepting applications for the Chief Business Officer and Vice President for Fiscal Affairs. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves over 3200 commuting students on its beautifully landscaped campus which is located 10 minutes south of downtown Atlanta and 15 minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Atlanta Metropolitan State College is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, exempt position, which reports to the President. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Oversees the college's business functions including accounting and reporting; budgeting and forecasting; purchasing and payables; cash management; personnel and payroll processing; as well as internal controls and compliance;
- Oversees the major operational units such as Human Resources, Auxiliary Enterprises, Public Safety, Athletics, Construction, Central Receiving, and Facilities;
- Coordinates the execution and release of the Annual Financial Report and ensures certification and review of account balances for the college;
- Serves as the Chief Financial Officer for the institution's foundation and manages various financial activities of the organization
- Prepares, implements, and monitors the institution's operating budget; develops financial models in response to new information or external circumstances; oversees modeling and projections for revenue and expense on an on-going basis and analyzes financial and other data to assist with decision making;
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, board, and institutional policies and procedures;
- Prepares financial and other statistical reports, including aggregating unit specific financial information at the department level;
- Hires, manages, and develops staff in the Office of Fiscal Affairs;
- Interprets and communicates policy and implements processes to facilitate its compliance;
- Provide senior managerial leadership and insight in addressing the operational challenges, performance and business direction of the institution;
- Develops strong working partnerships with senior level administrators across campus;
- Coordinates with system-office financial and budgeting teams on various projects and initiatives
- Ensures compliance with institution policies and procedures, as well as laws and regulations;
- Oversees, negotiates, and serves in a principal role with vendor relationships and contract management;
- Be an active and visible member of the local business community, willing to reach out to city and other community leaders and organizations to establish and nurture positive relationships and pursue mutually beneficial business and economic strategies;
- Partner with other campus leaders in cultivating substantially greater transparency in allocating resources with linkages to institutional assessment and goals.
Master's degree in Accounting and/or a valid CPA credential, and a minimum of 7 years of experience in a managerial or leadership role in a higher education environment is required. Equivalent combination of relevant education, industry accounting certifications, and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
-Skills in budgeting and forecasting, accounting and reporting, internal control and compliance, financial management and human resources;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, train and motivate professional and administrative staff in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of current management principles and practices, including employee development and performance management skills. Skill in dealing with others in work relationships involving mentoring, conflict resolutions and the ability to make difficult decisions;
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; professional demeanor;
- Ability to operate creatively, collegially, and effectively in a complex academic and business environment across all levels, including with faculty, deans, central administration and senior institutional officials;
- Customer-focused and dedicated to providing optimum service. Highest level of professional and personal integrity;
- Working knowledge of ADP, PeopleSoft, and Banner, and QuickBooks software systems;
- Experience utilizing and analyzing data utilizing software tools such as SPSS, SAS, IDEA, ACL, or other relevant analytical software;
- Thrives in a high-volume, heavy demand, fast-paced environment and is able to handle significant stress and a large workload;
- Responsibilities of the position require certain relevant hands-on financial experience therefore, applicants may be asked to demonstrate certain proficiencies, skills, and competencies during the selection and screening process.
- Strong understanding of governmental and fund accounting as well as a knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) principles and knowledge of Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) guidelines;
- Personal character and values that convey sincerity, enthusiasm, collaboration, candor, high emotional intelligence, and intellectual curiosity;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and Experience delivering effective presentations to leadership levels;
- Ability to distill complex concepts and present them in understandable terms to a wide variety of audiences and lead through change;
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable successful diplomacy, partnering, influencing, and negotiation;
- Highly innovative, strategic, and entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and partnership;
- Professional maturity that fosters an environment of mutual trust and transparency, including personal credibility, respect, and integrity among stakeholders;
- Proven talent management skills, with demonstrated success in developing, engaging, mentoring, and motivating individuals and teams;
- Demonstrated ability to use data to guide business strategy and outcomes;
- Performs other related responsibilities as required.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our students, faculty, employees, stakeholders, and community partners.
Individual who maintain all the required qualifications and in addition has experience working in the University System of Georgia budget and business framework. Experience working as the chief business officer of a college or school. Expert level experience with Excel, Banner, PeopleSoft Financials, HRMS and other information management systems; ability to query, create, and manipulate substantial amounts of data to generate/customized reports. Expertise with policies, implementation of effective and efficient programs of service and practices, and planning for and implementing change.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested persons should apply online and submit (1) a letter of interest; (2) a detailed resume; (3) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references on the application; (4) copies of all college transcripts (candidates selected for interview will be required to provide official copies of all college transcripts). All candidates are required to successfully pass a Credit Check, Criminal History Screening, and Background verification and review process prior to starting with Atlanta Metropolitan State College. To apply to this position, visit www.atlm.edu.