Assistant Director, Development
Florida Polytechnic University Advancement seeks a proactive and entrepreneurial Assistant Director who can identify, cultivate and solicit donors; serve as a development liaison, supports fundraising special projects and development initiatives for a comprehensive fundraising program that advances the mission of the University throughout the Hi Tech Corridor (focus on the greater Tampa/St Petersburg area). Assistant Director will report to the Lakeland Development office, but the position allows for location flexibility throughout the region.
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with assigned prospects; manages special projects; carries out fundraising priorities in the unit.
- Supports fundraising strategies and methods or activities to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors; participates in developing campaign materials, case statements, and brochures; works in collaboration to prepare reports and prospect research materials.
- Builds working relationships and serves as development liaison to internal and external constituents; nurtures culture of philanthropic support throughout Florida’s Hi Tech Corridor.
- Manage information on and activities with key constituents and provides regular reporting on progress through the Customer Relationship Management System
- Participates in professional development organizations, committees, boards, and meetings; travels locally, and out-of-town as necessary; prepares call reports in a timely manner.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to solicit and close gifts
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Document information about donors, campaigns and fundraising goals.
- Plan, schedule and execute outreach campaigns and fundraising events.
- Analyze data, confirm results, and brainstorm new campaigns.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with Industry leaders and potential donors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Competence in managing multiple projects and working within deadlines.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Four years of development experience, preferably in higher education; however a similar record of professional service and applicants who exhibit work history relevant to development work will receive careful consideration.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: $52,000 - 62,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.