Instructor - Mathematics Full Time, Tenure Track
The Mathematics instructor will teach Mathematics courses to a diverse student population. The candidate will participate on faculty committees and perform other duties related to teaching at a community college. The instructor must stay abreast of ongoing developments, trends, and issues in instruction in the community college environment. The responsibilities and duties of the instructor may change as the needs of the college arise.
• To instruct students in the facts, skills and appreciations pertaining to the assigned courses.
• To consider the needs of the students, and assist them by seeking help from other college services.
• To distribute to all students a course syllabus that covers the class requirements, grading procedure, attendance requirements, and course objectives.
• To inform students of educational and occupational opportunities.
• To assist the Dean and other administrators in development of the curriculum, in the preparation of the outlines and selection of textbooks.
• To submit midterm and final grade reports, deficiency notices, attendance records and any other reports pertaining to the assigned courses.
• To participate on college committee(s).
• To participate in academic advising.
• To stay abreast on ongoing developments, trends and issues in the (Mathematics) instruction at the community college.
• To develop an annual professional development plan.
• To perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Arts and Sciences.