President's Excellence Chair in Global Development Policy
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is seeking applications for the President’s Excellence Chair in Global Development Policy. The Chair will be a 100% appointment in the UBC School of Public Policy and Global Affairs at the level of Associate or Full Professor but may have a faculty associate appointment in a disciplinary department, thus facilitating ongoing engagement with colleagues from their own discipline as well.
We are seeking a candidate who meets the following criteria:
- Research Excellence: The successful candidate must have a record of internationally recognized academic scholarship of the highest quality
- Policy Engagement and Innovation: The successful candidate will have a record of engagement in public policy development, either as a practitioner or advisor. They will be motivated by the desire to apply research to improve policy decisions and solve social problems.
- Public Scholarship: The successful candidate will have a record of broad and meaningful public engagement in their area of research, including communication of research in diverse written and oral forms.
- Collaboration: The successful candidate will be comfortable with collaboration in a multi-disciplinary research environment and be intellectually nimble in looking at challenging global development policy issues.
- Institution Building and Leadership: We are seeking a candidate who has a record of institution building, who will catalyse a substantial research cluster in policy innovation and be a leader within it.
- Excellence in Teaching: The candidate should have a demonstrated track record in teaching public policy at the graduate level, with experience in new learning technologies and innovative learning environments.
A letter of application, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and names of four referees should be directed to:
Professor Moura Quayle, Chair of the Search Committee Director pro tem, UBC School of Public Policy and Global Affairs 6476 NW Marine Drive, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z2 firstname.lastname@example.org or
Ms. Marcia Lang, Consultant, email@example.com
Review of applications will begin on September 05, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
UBC embraces equity and diversity as integral to our academic mission. We encourage and support participation of the widest range of perspectives in our exploration and exchange of knowledge and ideas. An essential component of academic excellence is a truly open and diverse community that actively fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or excluded. We encourage applications from members of groups that have historically been marginalized, based on their sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, racialization, disability, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit or indigenous person.
Appointment may be considered at a higher rank for a member of a designated equity group with exceptional qualifications. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a global centre for research and teaching. Surrounded by the beauty of the Canadian West, UBC embraces bold new ways of thinking that attract exceptional students and faculty. It is a place where innovative ideas are nurtured in a globally connected research community, providing unparalleled opportunities to learn, discover and contribute.
For more information on the President's Excellence Chairs at UBC please visit: ubc.ca/excellence